We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

villa sol vs occidenal grand

Wappingers Falls...
14 posts
Save Topic
villa sol vs occidenal grand

my agent wants to "upgrade" my stay at the villas sol to the Occidental. Is this truly an upgrade? TIA

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,036 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: villa sol vs occidenal grand

Dear marim42

Some of the villas del sol are very nice...if possible ask your agent to provide the villa name or number...and maybe some people here at the forum will know which is the one and see if is really a nice upgrade!

Why are they upgrading you? It is optional??

roadadvisor

Wappingers Falls...
14 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: villa sol vs occidenal grand

We are booked as of now(I think) in a standard room @ villa. I rec'd an email stating the change. I would believe it is optional.

The review of the Occidental are not very impressive so I am a litle concerned Waiting for return phne call from agent.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,036 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: villa sol vs occidenal grand

Dear marim

Villas SOL our next to Condovac La Costa a large resort..and some of the villas are very nice...that is the reason I ask...some great views...

roadadvsior

Wappingers Falls...
14 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: villa sol vs occidenal grand

But I would like to know which is the nicer, better hotel thanks

bakersfield
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: villa sol vs occidenal grand

which hotel/resort is more better?? need a repLy asap thanx

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
1,290 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: villa sol vs occidenal grand

I can only reply about the Occidental Grand - we loved it. It was the most luxurious resort we've stayed in to date.

We always travel with an open heart and an open mind and take what's given to us. If you believe everything in the reviews then nobody would stay at any hotel - anywhere ! Some folks love to complain about anything and everything. We heard a few of those complains while at the OG and laughed out loud at the complainers. These were obviously folks who expected 10 star service at a 4 1/2 star resort.

If you'd like PM me - I'd be happy to answer any Occidental Grand questions you have.

Lake Tahoe
Level Contributor
94 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: villa sol vs occidenal grand

Well Said.....

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
2,364 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: villa sol vs occidenal grand

I am going to agree with Gailieb. It is an amazing resort, Been there twice, You will love it. Any specific questions send am IM

9. Re: villa sol vs occidenal grand

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, February 20, 2013