We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Four Seasons or JW Marriott

New York City, New...
5 posts
Save Topic
Four Seasons or JW Marriott

Hi all,

I have one more question...if you could choose, where would you rather stay- the Four Seasons or the JW Marriott? If you know any pros/cons to either hotel please let me know. We are having a tough time deciding!

Thanks!

New York City, New...
5 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Four Seasons or JW Marriott

I thought I should add that we are a young couple with no kids. We hope to do a zipline or jungle tour but otherwise would just like to relax at the resort. Also will probably be travelling at the end of November (right after Thanksgiving). Thanks!

Tamarindo, Costa...
Level Contributor
755 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Four Seasons or JW Marriott

Both hotels are rather isolated. I think they do that on purpose so they have a captive audience and you have to eat/drink there. The J.W. is a little less remote and Tamarindo is easily accessible by taxi or the hotel shuttle several times daily - 20 minutes each way.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
49,981 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Four Seasons or JW Marriott

I will go for Four Seasons...a lot nicer beaches and location is incredible...with some incredible views...

roadadvisor

Guanacaste, Costa...
Level Contributor
114 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Four Seasons or JW Marriott

I agree with XploreCR. Both hotels are extremely remote.

The Four Seasons is definitely the nicer hotel. (Also more Costly) In my experience it is geared more to Adults than kids/families. It takes about 40 minutes to get to/from the Liberia Airport and is closer to most "day tour attractions".

The JW Marriott Seems to be more family oriented. It takes about an 1/2 hours each way to/from the Liberia Airport.

Connecticut, USA
Level Contributor
514 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Four Seasons or JW Marriott

You wil pay considerably more to stay at the Four Seasons but the room rate includes access to hourly activities: sunset kayak tour, cooking class, guided tour of property on golf carts, snorkeling activity, morning hike, Spanish class, etc, etc. The concierge can email you the month's activities so that you can see if you would be interested in any of it.

The bottom three room rate categories are for the exact same room but on different floors. (Ground level is least expensive, then second & third floor and then fourth floor. Add $100/night for each floor.) The lowest rates go first, except for those who aren't concerned about budget and probably wouldn't be booking the lower categories anyway.

Oyster.com includes great photos of CR hotels, although the FS room photos are not particularly helpful as they are of a room with its own plunge pool--twice the price of the entry level room. The resort's own website includes good photos of the rooms.

Beverly Hills...
Level Contributor
93 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Four Seasons or JW Marriott

You are kidding, right? Y would u even debate marriot Over 4 seasons. If IRS $. I get it but seriously, have u ever stayed at a 4 seasons? It doesn't get much better. ;))

guanacaste
Level Contributor
3,094 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Four Seasons or JW Marriott

If you surf JW, if not Four Seasons. The beach is nicer, much much more. It is close to other tours in the area.

As for scenery FS is better also. For a couple it is better option.

New York City, New...
5 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Four Seasons or JW Marriott

thanks all! How is the food at both hotels? Does the four seasons have better dining options?

Boston...
Level Contributor
1 post
105 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Four Seasons or JW Marriott

I booked for the Four Season in Feb and I have been told by people who travel the world that this hotel and location is the best by far. We are a young couple as well and are making it a golf and surfing vacation. The golf course is amazing and you just cant beat a Four Seasons. The food will be out of this world. From the other people who say the JW is family oriented, that's enough for me to stay away! I don't have kids yet so I certainly don't want them around. If there are kids at the Four Seasons, they prob have a room booked for their nanny and won't bother you. :) (I'm kind of joking and kind of not).

North Carolina
Level Contributor
18 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Four Seasons or JW Marriott

Please keep us posted on the condition of the course. We are thinking of booking a golf event there forFeb 2013. Thanks