We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather at Gulf of Papagayo--Hilton

San Antonio, Texas
1 post
Save Topic
Weather at Gulf of Papagayo--Hilton

How's the weather in Costa Rica this time of year? Will we be able to do excursions? Is it to wet to go to the beach or take a hike or take a rafting trip?

guanacaste
Level Contributor
3,091 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather at Gulf of Papagayo--Hilton

Hello. Tours yes. All over. Don't worry. Today in Rincon de la Vieja we had a 1/2 hour shower and maybe some rain in the late afternoon. Bring a rain jacket and an extra pair of shoes. Remember everything is green and lots of animals around. Come and enjoy Costa Rica.

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,654 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather at Gulf of Papagayo--Hilton

If you haven't walked through the rainforest while it is raining, you are missing one of the incredible experiences of life. You can hear the frogs, imagine the birds so happy to get that refreshing rain, look at the "drip tips" of the plants that are important to them, check the center of a bromeliad to see what critters are in there with the water, and just be so happy that this nice rain is cooling you off. You can wear a hot and cumbersome poncho, take a small umbrella that will be forever getting caught on branches - or - you can just get wet! What is wrong with getting wet? It's only water, after all. It's all a part of the experience. First you get wet..... and then you get dry.

I had to smile as I read that part about rain and rafting - as if you won't get wet while rafting. If it rains while you are rafting, just imagine how that rain is feeding the river you are on, feel the fresh raindrops on your face, laugh a little.

While I could say - "Oh, don't worry, you will have sun for your beach time while you are here" but I won't - because I can't promise that. It is likely that you will have sun but if you come and it is cloudy for the whole time you are here, I would be glad you don't know where I live!

If you are wanting the "pristine" vacation where all you do is walk down a trail and not get your shoes muddy or sit on the beach while the sun bakes you to a golden turn (and keeps your dermatologist rich) or worried about raining while you are rafting, that's a problem in rainy season.

At the beginning of each season, there is a huge bloom of flowers: trees, shrubs, small flowers, orchids, etc. Everything, including the wildlife, is happy to have the rain- birds are nesting, babies being born, flowers blooming, trees shooting out new green leaves. Everything is happy!! Join them.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,099 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather at Gulf of Papagayo--Hilton

I drove some people yesterday out of LIR...and it was a great day...also in Arenal...the volcano was visible all the way to Tilaran...

Today nice around Manuel Antonio...Jaco...some showers around Santo Domingo de Heredia...and parts of San Jose...

roadadvisor

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather at Gulf of Papagayo--Hilton

beautiful !! when you get a littlle sprinkle its welcomed. its in the late afternoonm. highly reccomend tour with alejandro. you will find him on the beach. guanatours is the company. for sure the highlight were the 2 tours we did with them

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,099 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather at Gulf of Papagayo--Hilton

Do not tell me...they feed the monkeys and crocodriles...incredible...just incredible irresponsible tour company!

roadadvisor

6. Re: Weather at Gulf of Papagayo--Hilton

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, June 03, 2012