We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hilton Papagayo

Huntley, Illinois
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Hilton Papagayo

Will be staying at the Hilton Papagayo this Friday for a week,

1. Which volcano/rainforests are recommended

2. How bad are the mosquitos

3. I've heard the jellyfish are bad at the Hilton, true?

Centennial, Colorado
Level Contributor
1 post
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hilton Papagayo

You will love the Hilton Papagayo. My girlfriend and I stayed there before it was changed to an all-inclusive resort. We stayed there in April 2009.

1. We toured Rincon de la Vieja National Park. We enjoyed the zip line, mud bath/hot springs, and food. As horse owners, we did not find the horses in acceptable condition. We contracted a private tour company. In the future, we will drive ourselves there. We did not find much value with the tour guide. The individuals at the park were helpful and engaging. The drive from the hotel to the park is manageable.

2. Mosquitos were not a factor during our time there. Not sure during the rainy season.

3. Make sure that you schedule the snorkeling tour. We had a blast. There were a couple of areas we could not snorkel due to jellyfish. The crew will take you to alternative places.

We loved our time there. We are planning to visit this location again. It is secluded and quiet. We will rent a car again to explore different areas of Costa Rica. Enjoy the drink called the "Howler Monkey".

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,017 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hilton Papagayo

Rincon de la Vieja...and hopefully Guachipelin hotel and tour center...

Mosquitos a lot better than any where in Florida...sorry Mickey Mouse...

No jelly fish...during this time of the year...

roadadvisor

Huntley, Illinois
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hilton Papagayo

Thank you, we will be there in April like you were 2 years ago.

Do you remember any need for slacks/jeans?

Some tours recommend that but we're trying to pack as light as possible and the temp is in the 90's there now.

I imagine maybe it's for the mosquitoes in the rain forests, but we're not going during rainy season.

We do not plan on horseback riding, we will have our 9 and 10 year old daughters and 78 year old mother along.

Did you stay in the bulgalows at the Hilton?

4. Re: Hilton Papagayo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:18 am, October 25, 2012