We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

September in Papagayo...is it rainy season?

arkansas
Level Contributor
3,454 posts
1 review
Save Topic
September in Papagayo...is it rainy season?

I've been trying to help my son and his future bride find an

all-inclusive resort for their honeymoon in early September. Because of hurricane season, the Caribbean is really out, but I've seen the fabulous looking Four Seasons in Papagayo and wonder how rainy it will be in that part of Costa Rica during that time.

I see in the September weather map that it'll be very, very rainy on the southern Pacific side of Costa Rica, but can't really tell how wet it'll be in Papagayo. Could anyone give me any better insight?

Thanks in advance!

Grecia, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Province of Alajuela
Level Contributor
7,956 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: September in Papagayo...is it rainy season?

Tough to say how bad, we have had some good and bad Septembers the last few years but as a general rule it will be raining. September and October are the worst months in the rainy season for much of the country, but the last couple of years weather has been changing.

I would also like to mention that the Caribbean side is actually dry those months and we are too far South to be affected by hurricanes, but I also dont think there are any AI's on that coast, so maybe not what you want.

Cheers

arkansas
Level Contributor
3,454 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: September in Papagayo...is it rainy season?

I did check for accommodations on the Caribbean side, but after looking at those pictures of the Four Seasons, I guess I'm really spoiled! In addition, their All-Inclusives don't really look all that inclusive!

3. Re: September in Papagayo...is it rainy season?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:26 am, January 24, 2012