We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Group Tri;p...Help!

kansas city
13 posts
Save Topic
Group Tri;p...Help!

I am planning a trip for 10 adults various ages and interests. I usually try to go for a location that provides a variety...spa, night life, local color, easy access to tours, beach. I am drawn to Hilton Papagayo but am concerned that it may be remote. Have never been to CR. I am not attached to one area. Will this resort give the group what they want or is there something even in another part of CR that is recommended. Also, the group prefers all-inclusive. Any advice welcome since I am not familiar with CR. Thanks!

Edited: 9:50 am, September 13, 2010
Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,654 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Group Tri;p...Help!

Probably Tamarindo would be your best bet. There are many condos and villas for rent there and has good restaurants and nightlife and day trips to many activities possible. Check here for more info:

www.tamarindocosta-rica.com

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,665 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Group Tri;p...Help!

Paradisus Playa Conchal...the best AI by far in our country...and every thing you are looking for and more...and of course in Guanacaste...only 45 minutes from LIR airport...

roadadvisor

San Jose, Costa Rica
8 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Group Tri;p...Help!

Hi Chef Mom!

Is it fair to assume that you are drawn to the Hilton simply because you're familiar with the name? If so, then I know some great local businesses that offer all-inclusive packages and luxury ammenities and are certainly worth checking out. One company offers customized itinery planning so that you only pay for what you want - for example, you can arrange for a personal chef on a daily basis or pay only for a certain number of meals since I'm sure you'll want to eat out and try some of the local restaurants!

There are TONS of tours to choose from - what do yo like? Adventure travel like zip lining and white water rafting? How about hiking the rainforest or horseback riding on the beach? Maybe you want to witness wildlife in its natural habitat? Maybe you prefer to pamper yourself with a sunset catamaran tour with snorkeling and food and beverages - or, you can charter your very own sport fishing boat! You can also spend the day golfing following by an afternoon massage and facial! The options are endless...

Transportation can be arranged in a number of ways - you can have a driver bring you from the airport to your lodging and have a rental car dropped off at a later time. Or, you can hire a driver to be available all week long.

Let me know if you need some names and numbers! Happy to help... I know how it is to be new in Costa Rica - that was me not too long ago!

Grecia, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Province of Alajuela
Level Contributor
7,994 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Group Tri;p...Help!

I would suggest going to 2 areas if you have the time. It is very difficult to pick one area as a homebase and be able to do everything comfortably. For a group like that I recommend a planner. Many great companies here can help you with logistics.

Horizontes - http://www.horizontes.com/eng/ really nicely run company, one of the best

Crreferals - http://www.crreferrals.com/TravelExperts.html Great custom planners, my fav for what they give back to CR

Costa Rican Trails - http://www.costaricantrails.com/ one of the best in the country

Any of the above are great and will make the planning part a breeze for your group

Cheers

Inca

kansas city
13 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Group Tri;p...Help!

Hattie...I looked into Tamarindo a little but do you have suggestions for AI there? I personally like other options but the group vote is AI.

Roadadvisor...isn't the Paradisus close to Hilton? If so the access to acitivities remains. However, not sure they are really close to each other.

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,654 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Group Tri;p...Help!

I think you can choose AI or you can choose a location that fits what you describe but not both.

For the best AI, I would choose Paradisus Playa Conchal - totally agree with roadadvisor on this one. This is a beautiful place, great beach and it is possible to walk into the community of Brasilito (maybe 1/2 mile from the entrance) for something a little different.

7. Re: Group Tri;p...Help!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, March 15, 2011
Get answers to your questions about Gulf of Papagayo