We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which A/I hotel is similar to non- A/I Andaz?

boston
Level Contributor
485 posts
162 reviews
Save Topic
Which A/I hotel is similar to non- A/I Andaz?

Not sure whether to stay at Andaz (seems many guests are using their Hyatt points there) or at a nicer room at and AI? My wife and I have never been to Costa Rica.

I speak Dominican Spanish and intend to leave the resorts often to visit natural sites during our stay.

Please advise we two C/R rookies!

Thanks

dd

Mentioned in this post
Costa Rica
Costa Rica
Central America
3 replies to this topic
Tamarindo, Costa...
Level Contributor
182 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which A/I hotel is similar to non- A/I Andaz?

A 500 to 800 sq ft suite at Andaz runs anywhere from $600 to $900+ a night and is very nice. We usually stay at the A/I Casa Conde where the Master suites are 1,776 sq. ft (more than twice as big) and only run about $200+ a night. Yes, Andaz is nicer and larger and more touristy, but it is not that much nicer (3 to 4 times as much for 1/2 to 1/3 the space) than the Casa Conde. If money is no object, go for the Andaz. They are 2 very different properties and both are nice in there own way. I also PM messaged you my contact info if you need any other info.

boston
Level Contributor
485 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which A/I hotel is similar to non- A/I Andaz?

if you were to do a high end a/i, which one would you say is the best?

dd

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
Level Contributor
10,795 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which A/I hotel is similar to non- A/I Andaz?

There are no high-end AI resorts in Costa Rica. If you want a high end hotel check out the Four Seasons.

Mentioned in this post
Costa Rica
Costa Rica
Central America
Reply to: Which A/I hotel is similar to non- A/I Andaz?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted