We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting around from Bocawina Resort

4 posts
Save Topic
Getting around from Bocawina Resort

Hi,

We're staying a few nights at Bocawina Resort. What's the cheapest way to get from the resort to Hopkins or other beaches? The resort site says "transfer rates" are $90 round trip, which seems pretty steep to me.

We're going to do some of the resort's activities, but I want to be able to just go hang out at the beach without spending an arm and a leg to get there. Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Hopkins
Hopkins
Stann Creek, Belize
belize
Destination Expert
for Belize, Placencia, Ambergris Caye, Cayo, San Ignacio
Level Contributor
7,407 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting around from Bocawina Resort

Walk out to the hywy and get a bus or taxi

4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting around from Bocawina Resort

Thanks -- the resort is 4 miles from the highway, so that's longer than we'd like to walk. Can we call a taxi to the hotel or is that impractical?

Placencia, Belize
Level Contributor
281 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting around from Bocawina Resort

Taxis are $50usd one way Bocawina to Hopkins so $90R/T isnt too bad

Mentioned in this post
Hopkins
Hopkins
Stann Creek, Belize
Hopkins, Belize
Level Contributor
25 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Getting around from Bocawina Resort

Hi Patrick,

The resort has a daily express bus service from Hopkins and back that cost 10USD/round trip. You need to book it from the resort. The times that the bus runs are not so convenient to get away from there (they're trying to get more people there with that service). I think the first one from Bocawina to Hopkins was at 10:30 or 12:30. And the last one from Hopkins to there maybe at 1pm. I don't have the times here at hand right now. But that way you would save one way taxi fee. The taxi costs 40-50USD/one way, that's a regular price from the resort and from Hopkins taxis.

Mentioned in this post
Hopkins
Hopkins
Stann Creek, Belize
Hopkins, Belize
Level Contributor
25 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Getting around from Bocawina Resort

I found the schedule for the bus:

Bocawina - Hopkins

7:50am, 1pm, 5pm

Hopkins - Bocawina

8:40am, 1:40pm, 5:45pm

So you can get to the village in the morning bus and come back in the afternoon or evening. You need to book the bus from Bocawina Resort (tel. 670 8019). Their minimum amount of people is 2.

Round trip ticket is 10USD/person. In Hopkins the bus leaves from in front of Funky Dodo hostel. There is an earlier stop in the resort area in Hopkins at Diversity cafe.

I got this info from the resort.

Mentioned in this post
Hopkins
Hopkins
Stann Creek, Belize
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Getting around from Bocawina Resort

Do you have to stay at the resort to use the bus service? We are staying at a near by B&B and we are also looking for transportation to other places.

Hopkins, Belize
Level Contributor
25 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Getting around from Bocawina Resort

No, you don't have to stay at the resort to use the bus. You just need to remember to book it before. If there is no people going, then it doesn't run. The phone number is at the previous message.

8. Re: Getting around from Bocawina Resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, January 08, 2017
;