We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How difficult is the mayflower waterfalls tour?

Austin, TX
Level Contributor
20 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
How difficult is the mayflower waterfalls tour?

It says it is difficult on our hotel's website but I'm not sure if they are meaning elderly people might have a hard time with the hike or if that means younger in average shape people. It sounds lovely, just want to be sure my mother and I could physically do it. I'm 29, good shape and my mom is in her 50's. We both work out occasionally but not fitness fanatics or anything. Has anyone been on it and could we do this? Any other tour recommendations would be great too. We want to dive one day and then do a tour another day. Preferaby not the ruins, although I would love to see those but don't want to spend 5 hours out of the day in a car getting there. Thanks!

belize
Destination Expert
for Belize, Placencia, Ambergris Caye, Cayo, San Ignacio
Level Contributor
7,006 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How difficult is the mayflower waterfalls tour?

http://bocawinaadventures.com/

Contact them directly and ask specific questions

San Ignacio, Belize
Level Contributor
4,753 posts
276 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How difficult is the mayflower waterfalls tour?

I had a friend in her 40's do it, who wasn't in shape, and she said it was strenuous, but she made it with no problems, just a couple of rest stops. I'm betting you won't have any problems.

Level Contributor
8 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How difficult is the mayflower waterfalls tour?

The hike is challenging. You will be climbing up stair like steps on a steep incline with ropes to hold onto. It is a beautiful hike with a nice rewarding waterfall at the top but if you want something a little less strenuous I would suggest the falls on the Tiger Fern trail in Cockscomb. The distance from hopkins is similar. The hike is less vertical but still not a walk in the park. There are two beautiful falls to swim in at the end.

4. Re: How difficult is the mayflower waterfalls tour?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, December 17, 2013