We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Traveling from Belize city to Hopkins to??

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Topic
Traveling from Belize city to Hopkins to??

Hello! My boyfriend and I are leaving July 19th (less than a week) to stay in Hopkins. Originally, we decided to fly into belize city, fly to dangriga from there and bus it to hopkins. Now we are trying to decide if we should rent a car? We have no specific plans yet, just want to wing it and have a great time seeing some sites and visiting some local places. Would like to do some snorkeling, cave tubing perhaps, zip lining and jungle hiking or visit some nature/animal preserves. We are super laid back and go with the flow people. Thanks for any advice friends!

San Ignacio, Belize
Level Contributor
4,770 posts
277 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Traveling from Belize city to Hopkins to??

Car rentals here are quite expensive, so if you don't want to blow your budget, you needn't get one. Since ;tour guides supply the transportation, you don't always need a car. But to explore on your own, you might want a car for a day or 2... I'm not sure if Hopkins has any car rental places.

belize
Destination Expert
for Belize, Placencia, Ambergris Caye, Cayo, San Ignacio
Level Contributor
7,512 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Traveling from Belize city to Hopkins to??

Car rental will save you money on transfers and tours. You can hire guided at most sites and attraction. The up side to hiring a guide/driver is being with some who knows the natural history of where you are going, flora and fauna, the politics, cultures and issues in Belize. It provides for a more full experiance and better understanding of the country.

Placencia, Belize
Level Contributor
2,041 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Traveling from Belize city to Hopkins to??

We don't really have rent it here leave it there car rental in Belize, where available it is pricey. I would say, stick to plan A, but aim to get a taxi at Dangriga or you risk a lot of hanging around and messing around by bus. Taxis are cheap. Your resort may organise transfers too.

4. Re: Traveling from Belize city to Hopkins to??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, January 13, 2011
Get answers to your questions about Hopkins