We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

one night in Hopkins worth it? vs Dangriga

Palm Springs...
6 posts
Save Topic
one night in Hopkins worth it? vs Dangriga

We will be arriving BC 7am and wondering if we should head over to Hopkins or Dangriga for that day. We can only stay one night because we are heading to Tobacco Caye the following day.

From what I've read it would be easier to catch the water taxi to Tobacco Caye from Dangriga, so that is what we are leaning towards. But we'd also like to see if we can fit a waterfall adventure that day.

Do they have tours at Dangriga also?

Level Contributor
88 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: one night in Hopkins worth it? vs Dangriga

Hi,

I really do not think going to Hopkins for one night and returning to Dangriga for your boat the next day can work.

My recommendation is to stay in Dangriga, you got choice of hotels like Pelican Beach Resort that is in front of the beach or Chalenor Hotel that is near the town center.

It would be a good option to do a tour in free time of that day since your flight is early.

I recommend you Live Belize is a company of tours and transfers in Dangriga here I leave you their website www.tolivebelize.com

I had a great time and beautiful experience with them on my visit to Belize. Also great prices

Palm Springs...
6 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: one night in Hopkins worth it? vs Dangriga

Thank you Sayli. I thought staying at Dangriga was the best option.

Does anybody have experience with booking.com? Chalenor Hotel on booking.com is $34, while on the hotel website it is $80+

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
105 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: one night in Hopkins worth it? vs Dangriga

I have not personally used that site but when I looked it up (they had a fantastic deal for a jungle lodge) I read a bunch of awful reviews rating it one out of five stars - things like over charging and such. It made me not to want to use them...as my husband told me, if the offer seems too good to be true it probably is

Level Contributor
88 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: one night in Hopkins worth it? vs Dangriga

In booking.com the prices are without tax, that is why when you looked at its website it has 80+ I contact them and their prices are 63 for a room for one and 90 for double, these prices already include tax.

Olathe, Kansas
Level Contributor
246 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: one night in Hopkins worth it? vs Dangriga

I booked two properties through booking.com for Belize and since it was within 30 days of arrival, we paid 100% when booked, and that includes the tax. Not sure if I'm missing something, but don't seem to be? The quote was what I was charged and the reservations were confirmed by the properties.

Olathe, Kansas
Level Contributor
246 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: one night in Hopkins worth it? vs Dangriga

Everyone had me a bit paranoid, I just called both properties and confirmed and both have our reservation.

7. Re: one night in Hopkins worth it? vs Dangriga

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, June 15, 2018
Get answers to your questions about Hopkins