We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bocawina and Cockscomb

San Francisco
Level Contributor
226 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Bocawina and Cockscomb

Which one would you recommend if you only could choose one.

The Dalles, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Guatemala, Belize
Level Contributor
13,355 posts
331 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bocawina and Cockscomb

I'd choose Cockscomb and read Alan Rabinowitz' Jaguar book before you go. Happy trails!

belize
Destination Expert
for Belize, Placencia, Ambergris Caye, Cayo, San Ignacio
Level Contributor
7,454 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bocawina and Cockscomb

For what? Cockscomb for hiking, camping, waterfalls and river tuber floats. Bocawina for zip line, waterfall rappelling, bug waterfalls, hiking. Both have grt birding and Bocawina has a lodge in the reserve

Fort Collins...
Level Contributor
646 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bocawina and Cockscomb

I was wondering the answer to this question too! I think we'll only have one day, so I'm wondering which one we should do. Or if it's possible to do BOTH in one day if we have a car rental. I'm considering renting a car for the day to go to one or both versus paying for a tour for the three of us. I know car rental is $75 a day right now. If we did a tour it says $85/pp plus we still have to get ourselves out there (car rental or some other way).

We do NOT want to zip or rappel (much to my dismay!) - as we've done it before several times. We're interested in hiking, waterfalls and swimming - possibly tubing if we go to Cockscomb. The only question/concern I have about that is...what do we do with our stuff while we tube? I know in Costa Rica they told us to NEVER leave anything in the car, as people would break in and steal it. Is Belize similar in that regard? We do have a waterproof backpack...so I suppose we could put stuff inside that?

I'm trying to figure out if they $85/pp hike to Antelope Falls in Bocawina is worth it? Or, can we still hike it without a tour? I do know that in Costa Rica we did have a tour guide for some hikes and some hikes not. The tour guides are definitely better at spotting wildlife and talking about the flora/fauna.

4. Re: Bocawina and Cockscomb

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, June 23, 2018
Get answers to your questions about Hopkins