We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Safe supervised kids club which hotel?

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
286 posts
72 reviews
Save Topic
Safe supervised kids club which hotel?

I am thinking of bringing my daughter with me to Penang. I am looking for a luxury stress free break from a stressful job. Can anyone tell me which hotel in Batu Ferringhi has the best kids club so that if I feel like a massage or an activity I can feel my daughter is safe and happy in a well supervised kids club? My husband is unable to come so it will just be the two of us.

Cheers

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
15 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Safe supervised kids club which hotel?

Hi, we have stayed at the Park Royal Batu Ferringhi and found their kids club to be great. Plenty of space and things to keep kids busy and great staff. Our daughter is 5 and is already asking if she go to the kids when we return there in 2 weeks. There was a cost but from memory it was minimal.

Perth, WA
Level Contributor
436 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Safe supervised kids club which hotel?

I agree that parkroyal one is excellent. The staff are so beautiful. They even recognized us in the street and came said hello to our little one. We have not left lura alone in there as he is very young but we watched the staff with the kids and they were great with them. I have also heard golden sands is great also. We are staying there in april. When are you going? Can compare for you.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
750 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Safe supervised kids club which hotel?

Hi, for me I have to reccommend the Golden Sands Resort. I will be back in July for my 4th visit and always come here, it is very family friendly. The staff in the kids club are wonderful and it is safe and securely gated off. However your child does have to be 5 and above to be left without a parent or babysitter. The best thing about the kids club though is that the best massage is on the beach in front of the kids club. Tommy at SC Foo and family massage. I used to show my little boy where I would be having a massage while he was inside playing in the kids club! The kids club is free for guests of the resort.

Have a great time.

Angela

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
286 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Safe supervised kids club which hotel?

We are planning to go in July. My Daughter is 7.

I like the look of the Shangri-la. Am I right to assume that the Shangri-la uses the Sands kids club? If so is it still free if you stay at the Shangri-la? Also will this be to inconvenient having to traipse over to the sands kids club? Is the sands modern and clean? I was hoping to have some quite time could I stay at the Sands and use the adults pool at the Shangri-la? Does the Sands have an adult pool? Sorry for all the questions.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
750 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Safe supervised kids club which hotel?

@ Oceanmum

Yes the kids club is jointly shared between Rasa and golden sands and free

It is situated directly between the two and no I wouldn't say it is inconvenient at all.

In my opinion Golden sands is lovely and clean, I guess it depends on how fussy you are. I wouldn't say that the rooms are that ultra modern chic look but I think their look ties in with the resort. What you really need to do is have a look on trip advisor at both resorts and reviewers pictures and review and make up your mind as to what you prefer from that point of view..

I think you can share the facilities of both resorts, but not 100% sure, you may have to email them just to check.

No golden sands don't have an adult pool.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Penang
Level Contributor
2,760 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Safe supervised kids club which hotel?

It does not matter which hotel and kids club you use ....the onus is on the parents a all times

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
286 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Safe supervised kids club which hotel?

What do you mean onus roostown? So you can't leaved them there?

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Penang
Level Contributor
2,760 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Safe supervised kids club which hotel?

Whilst the hotel will always take care. But not responsibility

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
286 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Safe supervised kids club which hotel?

Gee that does not inspire confidence in leaving my child there. I may have to rethink my destination I need a safe fully supervised kids club.

Christchurch, New...
Level Contributor
870 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Safe supervised kids club which hotel?

We always stayed at golden sands and our kid enjoyed the adventure zone. But only in the last couple of stays (when our kid was around 6-7yrs old) that we started leaving him at kids club. It is fully supervised and sometimes they even lock the door to the TV room. But like roosetown said, (touchwood) if anything happens hotel won't really be responsible. So, really it's all about your comfort level. For us, it took us a 1-2yrs (3-4 stays) before we felt comfortable. Our kid liked the kids club and activities there. But I couldn't let him get stuck at kids club all our holiday so he had to choose which sessions he wanted.

Get answers to your questions about Batu Ferringhi