We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Noise from the road?

Exeter
Level Contributor
159 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
Noise from the road?

I'm visiting Penang at the end of March and looking for accommodation in Batu Ferringhi.

I'm not particularly fussy about where I stay provided it is quiet at night. There appear to be several hotels on the beach side of the main road that advertise rooms with a hill view. I assume that this means that they look out over the road. Does the road get busy at night and does this make the rooms noisy?

Christchurch, New...
Level Contributor
870 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Noise from the road?

We usually take hill view rooms at golden sands. I could hear the cars but not loud enough to loose sleep.

Nelson Bay...
Destination Expert
for Penang
Level Contributor
1,830 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Noise from the road?

We have stayed in the Tower Block of Holiday Inn. If you request a room on the higher floors, around the twenty-first, you definitely get a reduction in the road noise. As an extra some of the rooms have a balcony providing sea views.

Gaja

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
24,692 posts
1,934 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Noise from the road?

Gaja is right that the Tower Block at the HI which is on the opposite side of the road has lovely ocean view rooms with a balcony. We were up quite high and didnt notice any street noise. Great spot to view the ocean and the Night Markets.

Tommo

Busselton, Australia
Level Contributor
703 posts
222 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Noise from the road?

Hi,

I am afraid that every holiday I take ear plugs - just to be on the safe side and have never been let down. That way I can be assured of a sound sleep. Hope that helps. Cannot wait to get to Georgetown it will be our first visit.

Regards,

Keza

5. Re: Noise from the road?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, February 03, 2015