We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Golden Sands

Doncaster, United...
Level Contributor
944 posts
55 reviews
Save Topic
Golden Sands

Hi, wonder if anyone can advise if the rooms at Golden Sands have an iron ? No point in packing one if they have them there.

Also, are the plugs same as uk ? I know when we went to Indonesia they were.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Lincoln
Level Contributor
4 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Golden Sands

I know when we have stayed there you could ring room service and they would bring one with an ironing board.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
750 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Golden Sands

I can't actually remember to be honest about the irons but just ring room service. The plugs seem to fit a variety of plugs in the rooms. We are from aust and had no problem using the plugs in the rooms without adaptors.

Angela

Penang Island...
Level Contributor
1,054 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Golden Sands

Plugs in Malaysia are the same as the UK. Plugs in Indonesia are the same as Western European (French etc) plugs.

And yes all hotels in Malaysia are good for an iron...now the ironing board may seem to you like one you use for doll's clothes but that is another story.

Frankly ...why iron when you can have your clothes washed and ironed for a few ringgits at the local (not hotel) laundries.

Enjoy

Doncaster, United...
Level Contributor
944 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Golden Sands

Thanks for you help everyone, I am not big into ironing on holiday I just have a couple of pairs of linen trousers that dont travel so well in suitcases, thats all the ironing I will need to do, I really didnt want to have to pack the travel iron just for those so its good if they will have one to use.

Sanaa, Yemen
Level Contributor
372 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Golden Sands

Yes they do have an iron + ironing board in the rooms, I just came got back 3 weeks ago and there was 1 in our room and in all our previous stays at the golden sands.

6. Re: Golden Sands

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, March 21, 2014