We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Singapore day trip from penang

London
Level Contributor
19 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Singapore day trip from penang

I'm staying in penang for six nights but I am thinking of a day trip to singapore as air asia fly there directly.

Anyway I wanted to know what there is to do in Penang in terms of day trips as my wife and I (both 30 years of age) think theres not all that much to do there hence contemplating a day trip to singapore.

NORWICH
Level Contributor
197 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Singapore day trip from penang

Hello. There is lots to do in Penang. I would knock Singapore on the head for a day trip. It will be exhausting. By the time you have travelled to the airport then hung around for your flights and flown to Singapore, that is 4 hours of your day gone. Depends what you want to do and where you are staying in Penang. We visit Penang a lot. Will be there in couple of weeks. Always find plenty to do. There are lots of temples to visit. We sometimes catch the bus to George Town. Then spend an afternoon at the e and o hotel. Have a few drinks and something to eat. Then bus home. Or you can do afternoon tea there. You can hire driver cheaply for the day and go round the island. We have done that often often or we use our friends moped to get around. Lots of people go to the malls but we have never bothered as we don't enjoy that sort off stuff. O and there is straights quays. food is lush at long beach.in batu. Personally found langkawi a bit to quiet. However been there several times and just hire a motor bike to get around as no buses there. Hotels seem to be out on a limb. Also you are talking 2 hour ferry journey each way. you can fly to langkawi. we never do cos of all the palaver with liquids in hand luggage . langkawi is a duty free island. Anyway hope you on enjoy

12. Re: Singapore day trip from penang

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, February 24, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Batu Ferringhi
Recent Conversations