We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Traveling to Penang from Perth via KL with Malaysian Airline

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
47 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Traveling to Penang from Perth via KL with Malaysian Airline

Hi everyone,

I have to thank all of you who contributed to the Penang/Batu Ferringhi Forum.

My daughter and I will be flying from Perth to Penang via KL. with Malaysian Airlines. I have been told we need to catch a train at KL airport to another part of the airport to catch the connecting flight to Penang. Is this true with Malaysian Airways? Is it an easy exercise? Also I am hoping our luggage will just automatically go through to Penang? We have only been through KL airport before on our way to the UK so am a bit confused.

I have other questions too.

I need an exceptional tailor/dress maker. There have been conflicting reports re: one particular negative and shinning reports for Deepees. Any others?

We are staying at The Lone Pine for 6 nights. A bit of a sentimental journey for me to show my daughter where I went for holidays as an army brat when living in Seremban. 7GR. Won't have time to do Port Dickson as well where I always remember a revolver in the picnic hamper - hey that was a long time ago!

OK another question. We would like to shop for clothes and shoes but mid range not your Gucci's. My name is not Onassis!

Oh and any TA in the area when we hit town 27thDecember - 5th Jan would love to catch up!

perth
Level Contributor
394 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Traveling to Penang from Perth via KL with Malaysian Airline

I hope so. Happy trails

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
84 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Traveling to Penang from Perth via KL with Malaysian Airline

Hi Goodes1,

The air train is in the terminal itself and easy enough to find. Have flown to penang each time with MAS and you'll find that your baggage is booked straight through to your connecting flight - no picking it up at KL and booking it back in. Ex RAAF brat myself lived there early 60's and 70's and love the place. RAAF School reuniion in 2010 at Batu ferringhi was brilliant and i keep going back!! Going again soon - date unknown - but would be good to meet up TA like minded people. Tailor and shoemakers I cannot help you with but after the same info myself.

Regard Phill, enjoy you hols.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
47 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Traveling to Penang from Perth via KL with Malaysian Airline

Ooh seem to be bringing out The Forces. I was a Gurkha brat. My father was 7th Duke of Edinburgh Gurkha Rifles. In Malaya he was a known part of Ferret Force during the Emergency Going back for R&R and memories.

Still haven't heard from The Blue Whale - Eileen re booking on Sunset Cruise on the 29th Dec?

perth
Level Contributor
394 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Traveling to Penang from Perth via KL with Malaysian Airline

G'day goodes1,you probably haven't got a reply because Eileen is probably still unable to see well after having her cataracts done. If you go back a page I am sure roostown has left a contact address.It's early days yet and something is bound to happen.

Just digressing a bit,my first company commander was a major in the 7th Kings Own Ghurka Rifles.Nearly every Digger in the company had their eye on his badges.

Happy trails.

15. Re: Traveling to Penang from Perth via KL with Malaysian Airline

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:17 pm, December 14, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Batu Ferringhi
Recent Conversations