We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Long Beach - what time??

Which Batu Ferringhi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
3,200 posts
Save Topic
Long Beach - what time??

I'll be staying in Georgetown, but one night I'm going to Batu Ferringhi to eat at the Long Beach Hawker Centre and go to the night market. But......

I'm travelling by myself, so what time is probably the best to get there so that I can get a table? Probably early, so when does it open? I've read about the ordering etiquette whereby after I have secured a table, I then go and order, but how do I 'keep' the table when I get up to order?

Any tips??

Also, is the night market virtually next door.....I think that is what I read somewhere?

Thanks for any advice.

Edited: 5:18 am, June 16, 2012
Nelson Bay...
Destination Expert
for Penang
Level Contributor
1,778 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Long Beach - what time??

I suggest you select a table then order a drink and leave it on the table to claim it. Then proceed to the satay stall near the entrance and next the spring roll lady over to the right. After that It is up to you. Remember to leave some room for an order from the Pancake Queen.

It does not get busy until after 1900hrs, but there have always been tables available when we visit. If not, I'm sure other travellers would share their table with you and enjoy your company and swap tales.

The markets are right outside Longbeach and extend in both directions from there. If travelling by Rapid Penang, they stop right outside Longbeach

Gaja

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
3,200 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Long Beach - what time??

Gaja

I've just spent the last hour reading all about the wonderful spring rolls and satay.....they are already on my list!!! Oh and also the pancakes!!!!

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
35,971 posts
333 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Long Beach - what time??

Hi

Just walk in, find a table, order a drink, have a bag that has non valuables in (plastic bags etc etc), then once the drink has arrive, set up stall on the table and head out to seleted stalls - yes the spring rolls and satay are lovely, as it the roti or the char teow kway . . .

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Penang
Level Contributor
2,718 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Long Beach - what time??

all the above is good advise ...suggest you get there round 6/7pm ...grab a table ..leave a drink on the table and then go order...just tell the stall your table number and they bring it to you ..from Georgetown catch the 101 bus ..tell the driver where you want to get off and he will look after you ...when you ready to go back to Georgetown ..same bus ..101 ..the markets run to the left and right from Long Beach...another place ..or two you may like to eat is Happy Garden and Boatman..just down past the Parkroyal ..in Georgetown Red Garden...enjoy Penang ..its a great place for food

Geelong, Australia
Level Contributor
108 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Long Beach - what time??

One of my favs to eat was one of the "Sizzling plates" from the stall right down the back on the left hand side. The sizzling garlic prawn dish is to die for!

In fact we ate there every night with our children and we didn't have a bad meal, oh and yeah the spring rolls..........yummy!!!

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
3,200 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Long Beach - what time??

Thanks everyone for all your wonderful suggestions!!!

Brisbane
Level Contributor
198 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Long Beach - what time??

Get in early for the spring rolls! I tried every night for four nights (didn't get there till 8ish though) and she was all closed up each time. Either sold out or on holidays perhaps.

Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
10 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Long Beach - what time??

7 is a great time for the spring rolls and 7.30 for satay.

Nelson Bay...
Destination Expert
for Penang
Level Contributor
1,778 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Long Beach - what time??

The Spring Roll stall is closed on Wednesday nights. Suggest that you get there before 2000hrs, as tonight they had sold out by 2015.

Gaja

Edited: 9:39 am, July 26, 2012
10. Re: Long Beach - what time??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, August 22, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Batu Ferringhi