We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Our own inflatable single bed

sin
Level Contributor
13 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Our own inflatable single bed

Hi

We will be travelling with my toddler in tow. In an effort to cut costs we thought it wud be good to bring our own inflatable single bed for him, instead of requesting for a roll-out bed from the hotel. Do hotels normally allow that? I just need to be sure cos i do not want us to end up paying for their extra bed any ways when we get there.

Pls do enlighten me if u have been thru or heard of a similar situation before. Thanks.

Sandakan, Malaysia
Level Contributor
347 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Our own inflatable single bed

Hotels in Malaysia usually abide by an unwritten policy of "children under 12 stay free in room together with parents". I've brought an inflatable mattress a few times to different hotels and had no issues - no doubt I try to be discreet about it by "hiding" it in the closet while I'm out during daytime.

Besides, the only hotel staff who are going to know about it are the room maids, right? And in Malaysia room maids tend to keep quiet about this kind of thing unless of course it's outright abuse e.g. they see 10 inflatable mattresses in one room!

Edited: 8:00 pm, June 07, 2012
sin
Level Contributor
13 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Our own inflatable single bed

Aah great. Thanks for the insight! We don't travel alot so to know u've been there done that helps a great deal. Thanks again!

Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
223 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Our own inflatable single bed

DaddyistheBest is correct. Most hotel in Malaysia will have the standard policy of 'Children under 12 yrs sharing existing bedding with parents will be complimentary". The chambermaids will mostly close one eye & ignore it.

4. Re: Our own inflatable single bed

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:42 pm, June 20, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Batu Ferringhi