We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Who is living up Penang Hill?

Which Batu Ferringhi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne
Level Contributor
51 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Who is living up Penang Hill?

Hi, there, this seems a bit late question; I just back from Penang, where I had a wonderful time.

I went to Penang Hill for about half day, where I had a walk. I saw there are some beautiful cottages (some of quite big houses), just wonder who's living there?

Any one can advise?

Penang
Destination Expert
for Penang Island
Level Contributor
853 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Who is living up Penang Hill?

Some of the cottages are privately owned. While other belong to association and government agency.

Its possible to rent some of the cottage(probably not those that you like) just need to google it.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,171 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Who is living up Penang Hill?

If you're interested there are 61acres on Penang Hill currently for sale. Just a mere $81 million Ringett !!!

No, I'm not the one selling but I can only dream of being the purchaser.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
702 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Who is living up Penang Hill?

@ Rosli: Could be tempted but for the bugger of a driveway.

Cheers ツ

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
17,331 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Who is living up Penang Hill?

I'm not greedy. A couple of those acres would do very nicely.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,171 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Who is living up Penang Hill?

I plan to win the $51 million in tomorrow nights Lotto (Qld) and will build a small and luxurious guest house / hotel on those 61 acres. Ivanhoe3079 and travelkat88 will be extended an invite to the opening. All free of charge of course.

This offer will also extend to all other Trip Advisor members that have a passion for Penang as I do.

Hummm...... As my partner often tells me 'there is no harm in dreaming'.

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
17,331 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Who is living up Penang Hill?

That's very kind of you Rosli to plan on extending an invitation to Ivanhoe, myself and a number of others to visit your luxurious guest house free of charge, but I'm afraid that I'm going to win that great truckload of money tomorrow night. Needless to say the invitation will then go out from myself to yourself, Ivanhoe and all the others you intended and we'll have a big bang up party. I'll even throw in the air fares. How about that for generosity.

Having said that, we definitely we need to include Lise, Sabrina, Maggie, Lily & Norm on the invitation list. What a party that would be. Oh what a lovely dream.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,171 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Who is living up Penang Hill?

Good Luck.

Perth WA
Level Contributor
218 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Who is living up Penang Hill?

Travelkat88, Our bags are packed in anticipation. Will just wait for your phone call tonight.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
702 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Who is living up Penang Hill?

(If only; and, perhaps, futuristic?)... Well done Linda!

...We'll just sit at the base and wait... Denis will have arranged our 4WD, but we'll have another couple while your staff get ready to receive us atop.

Cheers ツ

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,171 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Who is living up Penang Hill?

Sorry all, my numbers didnt come up and as there wasnt a winner for first prize I'm assuming that travelkat88 is also still dreaming like myself.

Maybe next time, I cant see those 61acres being sold off in the near future so there is still hope for us.

Cheers

Get answers to your questions about Batu Ferringhi