We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Holiday Inn vs Park Royal

Perth
Level Contributor
104 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Holiday Inn vs Park Royal

I'm looking for some advice on Holiday Inn and Park Royal. I prefer the look of Park Royal but Holiday Inn is much cheaper. Can someone please tell me a little bit about the pool at holiday inn - I have a slight disability and find it difficult getting out of a pool with the silver looking ladder thing on the edge of a pool - I really need built in steps that go into the pool. Looking at the photo it appears the holiday inn only has the "ladder" style. Can someone tell me if they do in fact have built in steps. Also I've read some reviews about the park royal saying people have been woken at 5.30am from the mosque - how can this be avoided and is this an issue at Holiday Inn??

Many thanks in advance :)

Hope Island...
Level Contributor
69 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Holiday Inn vs Park Royal

Hi HolidayluvaPerth,

I cannot say if either of the hotels you mentioned have easy pool access, try and send them an e-mail to find out. However I can say however the Bayview Beach, have steps and a ramp into their pool. The Bayview is however a bit further away from the Markets and shops.

Enjoy your holiday.

Batu Ferringhi...
Level Contributor
502 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Holiday Inn vs Park Royal

Dear HolidayluvaPerth,

One of our pool has a large regular stair case with hand rail to assist those having difficulties in climbing steep pool staircase.

Concerning the noise of the mosque only a small limited number of rooms are really affected and theses rooms are now under going a sound proof improvement; we generally do not received many negative comments and is not a particular issue to us only; also this is not as bad as some can make it sound as per many of our guests feedbacks. However we always do our very best to assist for those a little more sensitive, the best we can.

If we can help you further please do contact me directly.

Have a wonderful day,

Francois

melbourne
Level Contributor
20 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Holiday Inn vs Park Royal

Hi.

We have just returned from the Holiday Inn last week. There are no steps into the pool only two ladders. The pool is very deep. About 1/4 of the pool has a shallow area. We did have a look at the Park Royal and pool did look nicer but it is also alot more expensive. Both hotels are side by side and in my view are in the best location for markets and restaurants. We could hear the calls to prayers each morning about 5.45am and would imagine that park royal guests would as well. Thought the Holiday Inn was good value for money and would stay again but Park Royal does look nicer.

united kingdom
Level Contributor
111 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Holiday Inn vs Park Royal

We always stay at the Park Royal and the pool is lovely - there steps leading down to the shallow end. We are always impressed with the service and the breakfast is superb - spoilt for choices! We are back there on the 17th Aug.

BRISBANE
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Holiday Inn vs Park Royal

My husband & I have just come back from staying in Park Royal the pool there is great & you can walk in from the shallow end. The breakfast is fantastic as for being woken up early by the mosque we were ocean side & I did'nt hear it. We went into the holiday Inn to have a look & it does'nt compare with the Park Royal we will be going back next year our 3rd time!!

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
22 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Holiday Inn vs Park Royal

I agree that Parkroyal is much better than Holiday Inn in any aspect. I've been there a couple of times and it never disappoints me so far. :)

7. Re: Holiday Inn vs Park Royal

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:16 am, March 13, 2011