We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

penang hotels

australia
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
penang hotels

We are looking for a great hotel at batu Ferringhi can anyone please advise if they think the Hard Rock Hotel would be good for a family

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
36,661 posts
349 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: penang hotels

Hi

Who knows at the moment, as it is not open yet. Should be opening in the next few weeks.

Otherwise, look at Rasa Sayang, Golden Sands, Park Royal, Holiday Inn and Bayview Beach.

The Hard Rock Hotel is on the location of the Cassarina hotel, so a little way out of the centre (10mins walk) and not far from the Bayview Beach.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
308 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: penang hotels

i would recommend the holiday inn we go every year you are right in the middle of everything and great pool for the children.Be careful of swimming in the sea as it is renowned for jellyfish coming down the straits,if you stay at the inn pay for the tower as the extra expense for the beach side isnt worth the extra

Surrey
Level Contributor
16 posts
167 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: penang hotels

I would recommend Golden Sands as there's a kids zone there (shared with rasa sayang I think) and plenty of activities in the hotel (water volleyball, table tennis, cookery, napkin folding, snake show, tai chi, golf etc). Right in the middle of the night market and beach activities. Free daily shuttel to Georgetown. Top class service too. Well worth it if you can afford it.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
30 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: penang hotels

Hi Jane,

I was really interested in the Hard Rock Hotel as I heard it was opening in September and I am travelling in October. My travel agent did some research for me and found that September is only a soft opening so they were unsure as to what facilities would be available (ie. pool, restaurants etc.) so we decided against it. I think she said the proper opening is in November so it depends when you're travelling I suppose.

Hope this helps!

Have a great trip!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,172 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: penang hotels

You may well find that the Hard Rock Hotel may not open at all in November, the date has been changed numerous times. No surprise really, this is often the case with building work in Penang.

ballarat vic
Level Contributor
324 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: penang hotels

The Hardrock currently has a sign saying opening September 19th it looks absolutely amazing and its huge!!! It is a bit down the road from the night markets in an area with not too much around it.

We are at Parkroyal, night markets at the front door, rooms are OK and the grounds are lovely.

Goodluck in your choice

7. Re: penang hotels

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, February 16, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Batu Ferringhi
Recent Conversations