We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Re-Development in Batu Ferringhi.

York UK
Level Contributor
90 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Re-Development in Batu Ferringhi.

Can anyone give me an update of Development between Boatman Restaurant and Bayview Beach Hotel Batu Ferringhi..Dave L.(Yorky York)

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,176 posts
168 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Re-Development in Batu Ferringhi.

Hi, I spoke with a Malaysian friend last night and she said that development of that area has not yet started. She also commented that it appears that the 'Hard Rock Hotel/Nightclub' (previously 'The Casuarina Hotel') appears ready to open later this year.

York UK
Level Contributor
90 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Re-Development in Batu Ferringhi.

Hello Rosli, thank you for the update on Batu Ferringhi..we were not looking forward to a lot of building works going on when we go back next year. Regards..Yorky York.

Malaysia
Level Contributor
839 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Re-Development in Batu Ferringhi.

Hi Rosli,

Penang Hard Rock Hotel is opening on 19th September.

Ami

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,176 posts
168 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Re-Development in Batu Ferringhi.

Thanks Ami,

I had a look at the website and it does look very glam indeed (but not really my thing). It will be the new hot spot for the locals until interest is lost. I wonder how they intend to keep the nightclub noise from filtering up to the rooms.

I remember one time when the Casuarina had a great Filipino group singing in the Asmara Longe there were so many complaints from in-house guests that they couldnt sleep.

It didnt worry me in the least as they were a great group.

Lincs.
Level Contributor
1 post
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Re-Development in Batu Ferringhi.

Hi, We have stayed at the Casurina Hotel twice, and it did look a bit tired although great position. Surely having a nightclub there will affect the other hotels in the area. We were considering going back next year but will have to think! Pat

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,176 posts
168 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Re-Development in Batu Ferringhi.

It will be interesting to see how the 'Hard Rock Hotel' goes in attracting families and also older travellers. It looks like it is geared to the younger set but according to the G.M they aim to attract people of all ages.

Yes, the Casuarina was looking tired and the plumbing definitely needed an upgrade BUT I loved that hotel Most staff members had worked there for a minimum of 20 years and knew all the returning guests by name.

I had many a good night in the Asmara Lounge, enjoying a cocktail put together by either Bala or Ganeson the resident barmen.

York UK
Level Contributor
90 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Re-Development in Batu Ferringhi.

Hi.,Yes we stayed at the Casuarina for years, then Bayview Beach Hotel when Casuarina closed. But we have booked with the Hydro Majestic for next Feb., because the footpaths from Bayview to restuarants are getting quite dangerous, and no one seems interested in repairing them..YorkyYork

York UK
Level Contributor
90 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Re-Development in Batu Ferringhi.

Hi. Rosli, we will probably look in at the Hard Rock. but I dn,t think it will be for us. The years we stayed at the Casuarina we probably saw each other, it was very friendly..I think some of the staff are at the Copthorne..Matthew is now on reception at Bayview..YorkyYork

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,176 posts
168 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Re-Development in Batu Ferringhi.

Interesting you make mention of the footpaths I mentioned this same thing in a post some time back and from memory a few people came back and said they hadnt found a problem with the footpaths there !!

I see that the Hydro Majestic is for sale currently for 100 million Rm. Maybe (if ever sold) they may do some refurbishing.

Cheers

York UK
Level Contributor
90 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Re-Development in Batu Ferringhi.

Hi Rosli, maybe they walked on the road all the time.

I did not think it was long since Hydro Majestic was upgraded, seemed ok when we went to have a look in Feb. YorkYork

Get answers to your questions about Batu Ferringhi