We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport Bus

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
50 posts
55 reviews
Save Topic
Airport Bus

Can anybody tell me if I can get a bus straight from the airport to Batu Ferringhi without changing at Georgetown?

I’ve read some of the previous comments and have attempted to check the timetables and I’m still not sure that route 101 is direct and is still in operation.

Can anybody help please - departure times and where you can catch the bus at the airport would also help, that is if it’s still running

Thanks

3 replies to this topic
Penang Island...
Destination Expert
for Penang, Penang Island, George Town, Tanjung Bungah, Batu Ferringhi
Level Contributor
12,740 posts
209 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport Bus

Here is the website for rapid Penang buses - rapidpg.com.my/journey-planner/route-maps/

You will see that the 102 bus will get you from Batu Ferringhi to the airport. Alternatively you can take the 101 to George Town and then change to the 401 or 401E

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
50 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport Bus

PSS thanks, just noticed the post, been too busy...I’m here in BF now and managed to arrange very cheap airport transfers from the U.K. which were excellent. We only paid the equivalent of 25RG each way for the pick up for both of us, which was excellent value. A driver with our name on a card was waiting for us at the airport and they had texted us before we arrived to say that they were there waiting for us. I must admit it was a great value as it was just slightly more expensive than the hassle of getting the bus, so well worth it. I booked through Skyscanner.com transfers, which I didn’t know existed, you’ll find it on their main page under Car Hire, but the company is called Skytransfer.com - I would definitely recommend them for Penang transfers, well worth it.

Penang Island...
Destination Expert
for Penang, Penang Island, George Town, Tanjung Bungah, Batu Ferringhi
Level Contributor
12,740 posts
209 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airport Bus

Wow, it that was only RM25 from the airport to Batu Ferringhi for the two of you, and not RM50 (RM25 each) then you got an incredibly good deal. Even Grab would charge more than that.

Reply to: Airport Bus
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted