We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Xingning - Meizhou

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
60 posts
51 reviews
Save Topic
Xingning - Meizhou

I will be travelling to this part of China (Xingning - Meizhou) in May (my mother's place of birth). There doesn't seem to be much information that I can find. Has anyone been recently or can anyone refer me to useful information re: suggested accommodation, places of interest. I would love to update Trip Advisors very scant information on this region upon my return.

3 replies to this topic
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Xingning - Meizhou

Hello

My family would be making a trip there this year. Can you guide us how did you get around from Guangzhou to Xingning?

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
60 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Xingning - Meizhou

Hi Marcus, happy to help...

This is the entry from my travel blog -

We then trained to Guangzhou East Railway Station to catch the ‘long distance train’ T8361 to Xing Ning (my Mum’s home village/town) at 10.26am. The trip took 4 hours.

We prebought train tickets and the train was quite crowded.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Michelle

Darwin, Australia
Level Contributor
6 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Xingning - Meizhou

Hi, i have just returned from Meishou, we flew in from Guangdong took a taxi from the airport cost 30 Yuan he didn't want to use the meter. Use taxi's during other days just to get around the city they use meters quiet cheap. Stayed at Jinjinang Inn 88 Binfang Avenue cost $30 AUD/ night noodle shop to the left 10 min walk to mall with WIFI. Whats app and viber works in china.

to visit families birth place we rented a 10 seater bus that cost 450Yuan/ Day fuel included.

Reply to: Xingning - Meizhou
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Meizhou
Recent Conversations