We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Croatan surf club- Gilligans

Pittsburgh, PA
Level Contributor
133 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Croatan surf club- Gilligans

In the Croatan surf club. Any reviews if this unit or property overall?

Kitty Hawk, North...
Destination Expert
for Outer Banks
Level Contributor
2,915 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Croatan surf club- Gilligans

The units were built somewhat upscale to begin with. Nice facility there. It's a bit unusual how you get to the pool area, you have to go down to ground level and thru the parking garage area, but it's a nice place. Newer, I think they built it 6 years ago. 3 elevators, indoor and outdoor pool, large inground hot tub pool.

Cleveland
Level Contributor
3 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Croatan surf club- Gilligans

We stayed there a couple of years ago. The place is really beautiful and right on the ocean. The pool is really nice and the size is lovely. They could have done a better job keeping the property clean, overall. Hallways, etc. And, when we arrived our unit was not as clean as it could have been. I asked them to come back to clean it and they did. Mind you, this was a couple of years ago too. They might have improved on these things. It is very expensive however. In contrast we often vacation in Hilton Head and stay at the Marriott Vacation Clubs there. We rent a week timeshare from people who put them up on Redweek.com, etc. We stay in a two bedroom/two bath unit. Wonderful amenities, clean, all your cleaning stuff is there. Towels, linens, and all the service Marriott offers, and I can usually get a whole week for $1500-$1900. In contrast to Croatan that is more than double the price! Hope this helps!

Mentioned in this post
Hilton Head
Hilton Head
Coastal South Carolina, SC
Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Croatan surf club- Gilligans

Stayed at Croatan Surf Club 7/12/14-7/19/14 - KDH reserve ( Unit 3I). Expensive but very nice. I would stay here again. Great if you are looking for no hassle access to the beach with everything you need in one place.

Right on the beach. Great pool right on the beach and clean. Place seems new. All units on the 3rd floor are s 2 story. We were located on the South side of the building but close enough to the beach so that you had a view of the ocean without being blocked by large yellow house next door. Units further back from the this one you will be staring at a house out your balcony.

Parking was shaded under the facility with plenty of spots. We also had use of an extra storage area to store beach stuff (1st come, 1st served, plenty of units) so we did not have to lug it up to the room each day.

Three large bedrooms - each with its own large bathroom. 3 balconies but we only used the one off the open dining area. 1 bedroom on top floor (shares bathroom with common area - 2 doors) , 2 master bedrooms on lower floor (you walk down the stairs when you come in to access the lower two bedrooms) with their own private baths. We put the 3 teenagers sharing a room in the top bedroom and had them lock the common door to give them privacy.

Great little Bosch washer/dryer unit that we used each day for towels.

The location is great! Less than a mile from Wright Brothers Memorial and a Food Lion. Easy drive down the ocean drive to the Stop N Shop for items you need on the fly.

Best check in ever!! We called Village Realty when we arrived at 830am on Saturday. The unit was ready early so the gave us the code for the unit and we were done! No driving to Village Realty to get keys. Check out was easy - just leave. All the units have a keypad so no keys are needed. Great for everybody since you could never loose a key and you could always get in.

Normal check in is at 4pm. While you are waiting for the unit to be ready, you have access to the beach, pool and common facilities. Nice since the pool had an outdoor bathroom and shower.

There is a common Wifi for all the units but it was slowed down after the first few days. I ended up using Verizon LTE connection on my phone half the time.

NC
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Croatan surf club- Gilligans

Thank you for your review of Gilligan's at the Croatan Surf Club on the Outer Banks. It is always good to hear when Village Realty guests enjoy their stay and that the accommodations met or exceeded their expectations. I actually have stayed here with friends for a girls weekend and had a blast...loved the pool and the views.

thanks again,

Jeannie at Village Realty

5. Re: Croatan surf club- Gilligans

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, July 26, 2015