We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Free Tennis Courts around Town of Duck/Southern Shores

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
61 posts
Save Topic
Free Tennis Courts around Town of Duck/Southern Shores

We're staying on Ocean blvd close to the Town of Duck. Any free tennis courts around this area. Driving around they all see locked or need special access. We're renting a house and they don't provide access.

Thanks

Kitty Hawk, North...
Destination Expert
for Outer Banks
Level Contributor
2,842 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Free Tennis Courts around Town of Duck/Southern Shores

Are you staying in Southern Shores? If so they have tennis courts there to use. Duck ..... I can't think of any there and if there are any they are not open to the public just like Southern Shores are not. Kill Devil Hills and Nags Head have them for the public.

Edited: 8:44 am, September 04, 2013
nc
Level Contributor
490 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Free Tennis Courts around Town of Duck/Southern Shores

If your home has access to the tennis courts in Southern Shores, your rental company should have a key that you can use. Not all homeowners in Southern Shores join the civic association, so that is not a sure thing.

There are public tennis courts in Kill Devil Hills behind the Outer Banks Brewing Station. I believe the address is 602 Mustian Street if you want to use your GPS or google maps. I don't' think you need a reservation. They are run through the Dare County Park and Rec.

3. Re: Free Tennis Courts around Town of Duck/Southern Shores

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, September 06, 2014