We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best go karts in OBX area

New Jersey
Level Contributor
369 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
best go karts in OBX area

We have been down to the OBX several times, but generally chillax up north in the Corolla area. Several years back we found a pretty good go kart track that was south of the bridge. I was wondering if there are any other go kart tracks in the area. Preferably a place that has fast cars and not those for little kids. TIA.

Kitty Hawk, North...
Destination Expert
for Outer Banks
Level Contributor
2,687 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: best go karts in OBX area

The one you found was in Rodanthe, that track and water slide and all is no longer open. The track took a bad pounding from Irene a couple years ago and I don't think it is open anymore.

I am not sure what makes for a better go kart than others. There is a track in Nags Head around mp 16. One on Colington Road on the way to Colington. An new electric go kart in Kitty Hawk at mp 5.

Amissville, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Ocracoke
Level Contributor
1,398 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: best go karts in OBX area

There is another in Frisco if you are going that way My kids loved it but not sure if they are as fast as you want them

New Jersey
Level Contributor
369 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: best go karts in OBX area

Thanks all. Will have to check them out when we get down there. I went to a great track in Miami last year where the cars flew. It was pretty expensive, but worth it.

4. Re: best go karts in OBX area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, August 04, 2014