We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hurricane Sandy and Damage?

Valparaiso, Indiana
3 posts
Save Topic
Hurricane Sandy and Damage?

I am planning my first trip to the Outer Banks in May. I have seen pictures of road and beach damage and I was wondering how the areas were doing with recovering after the storm.

Thank you

Kitty Hawk, North...
Destination Expert
for Outer Banks
Level Contributor
2,828 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hurricane Sandy and Damage?

You will not see much evidence of Sandy damage by May. If you looked in the Kitty Hawk area today you would not hardly know there was a storm. I went to Hatteras last week and there is a mess at the north end of Rodanthe but it will be gone by summer. There is not the damage here that they had in NY/NJ and we clean up quickly. The beaches are fine, they look great because sand comes and goes.

Valparaiso, Indiana
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Hurricane Sandy and Damage?

Thank you!

3. Re: Hurricane Sandy and Damage?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, January 12, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Outer Banks