We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sun Realty

Gilbert, AZ
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Sun Realty

I just rented a property from Sun Realty last week. The property was terrible and so was dealing with them. Don't ever rent property Cape Carolina or rent from Sun Realty. The property was terrible in so many ways, so I decided to write a review about the property for their website. They seemed to encourage that. My review listed both the good and the bad, although there was a lot more good. I followed all of their rules. They emailed me and said they wouldn't print my review because they didn't have to and then seem to blame me for not letting them know about all of the problems.

I am spending a second week here in the OBX and using Atlantic Realty. What a better experience all the way around.

richmond
Level Contributor
893 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sun Realty

Post your review here instead

2. Re: Sun Realty

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 10:05 pm, June 17, 2012
Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
841 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sun Realty

As someone else stated above - post your review here.

I have been using Sun for our rentals in Duck since 2005 and have never had an issue with their staff or their propertiies.

Yorktown, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Machu Picchu
Level Contributor
6,146 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sun Realty

We have rented from Sun Realty many times over the years and never had a problem with them. The houses have always been clean. One year, we were renting late in the season (Labor Day week). The house was beginning to show the season's wear -- one side of dishwasher surround pulled loose, screen doors were torn, plus several of the lightbulbs in overhead can lights were out. One call to Sun Realty, and a maintenance man was out there within a few hours to put things to rights.

5. Re: Sun Realty

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 8:29 pm, August 18, 2012
Kitty Hawk, North...
Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Sun Realty

"My review listed both the good and the bad, although there was a lot more good. . .They emailed me and said they wouldn't print my review because they didn't have to and then seem to blame me for not letting them know about all of the problems."

You could always do a review here on Trip Advisor. They are correct in that they can choose what they publish because it is not a third party review company (like Trip Advisor is).

They do have a bit of a right to say "why didn't you let us know about all the problems" because every half-good rental company has services in place for when things go wrong and if they were never informed then they were never given a chance to make it right. Informing them after the fact takes away their ability to make it right. You have to remember how many people out there try to get a cheaper vacation through fake claims and they always do it after their vacation is over so that there's no way for reports to be verified by them coming and inspecting it. Please don't think I'm in any way defending Sun Realty; they very well may be in the wrong here, but I want to at least give you another perspective.

"We get to the house and I notice there are no towels. Linens were included with my $3500.00 rental. Ha! This doesn't include towels, silly me."

This seems to be a problem around the board with rental companies. They list linens as a perk yet don't specify what linens. Please know this isn't just a problem with Sun Realty. It would be very helpful if they either listed exactly what was provided or force their property owners to provide a standard they set (and is advertised). I agree that this error makes for a lousy first impression. But please don't let sheets and towels ruin your stay.

Gilbert, AZ
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sun Realty

I really don't feel it is my job to do the work for the company. At $3500 per week, I think they should have something in place that assures that everything is in order. It is called quality control. In addition, if I would have been calling every time I noticed something significant, I would have been calling daily. Who wants to spend everyday of their vacation calling Sun Realty?

US
Level Contributor
1,302 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sun Realty

Sorry you had such a bad experience. I'm glad your second week is better!

I understand what you are saying about the linens. That must have been really annoying for you. With the OBX companies I've rented through, only sheets and pillow cases are considered linens, so I am not surprised by that. Since linens were included as part of the price, however, I am surprised that they did not give you linens for all the beds. That sounds like an oversight on their part to me.

I have always had to bring/rent towels for the OBX rentals I've stayed in--just know that that is very typical.

m m
Chesapeake, Virginia
Level Contributor
6 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sun Realty

Aug 13, 2013, 5:14 PM

Stay away from Sun Realty. We rented Condo # 103, The Oceans Condominiums, 2229 S VA Dare Trail, Nags Head, NC from Sun Realty. The condo was filthy - mold and black hair in both bathrooms. dust on headboards, dead bugs and filth along walls/baseboards, food encrusted on stove, stove pans, and even on the kitchen wall! Refrigerator smelled, all cabinets were greasy, microwave oven was also caked with food splatters. Area rugs and carpeting looked, and smelled, as if they hadn't been shampooed in years. We arrived at the condo at 5:30 pm on a Sunday. We called Sun Realty immediately, but they had already closed and the message system gave no forwarding telephone numbers for help. My family and I then drove to KMart and spent $47.00 on cleaning supplies (mop, bucket, scrub brush, paper towels and cleaning products for kitchen and bathroom) and then came back to the condo and cleaned for almost 5 hours! I called Sun Realty again on Monday morning and was told that "Mike" the manager was busy and would call me back in an hour. Not good enough, I told the receptionist that i was on my way to the Sun Realty office and was immediately turned over to "Elizabeth". She had an answer for everything, which leads me to believe that SR has had numerous complaints before. She said that the condo met Sun Realty's expectations. Obviously the workers at Sun Realty live in squalor. Stay away from Sun Realty!

PA
Level Contributor
12 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Sun Realty

We have a rental through Sun in 11 days. I have all my fingers crossed that I will have a good review to post when we return!!

Sorry that the place was in such poor condition. I did search here for reviews on the property we are renting (didn't find any) since I felt that Sun would only list the positive reviews on their site. (which sounds like they really screen for only positive since they wouldn't publish yours!)