We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Motorcycles on the OBX

CapeCod
Level Contributor
28 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Motorcycles on the OBX

My husband and I have small motorcycles and wonder A> if the winds are an issue with riding safely B> if traffic poses a high risk for motorcyclists. Personally we prefer slower speeds to fast highway driving so MPH isn't our issue.

We live on Cape Cod and are accustomed to our summer influx but from what I hear it pales in comparison to your sumers.

Thanks!

CapeCodBTs

Cary, NC
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Motorcycles on the OBX

During the peak season traffic is heavy around the Nags Head/Kill Devil Hills/ Kitty Hawk area. Hwy 158 is the main thoroughfare and is 4 lanes across. There is Hwy 12 which runs along the beach which is only 2 lanes. Speed limit on this road is 35 mph if I'm not mistaken. If you are going further south on the OBX (buxton, rodanthe, hatteras), traffic becomes less of an issue. Wind should not pose much of an issue.

2. Re: Motorcycles on the OBX

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:25 am, August 27, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Outer Banks