We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buying Suntan Lotion

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Antigua
Level Contributor
199 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Buying Suntan Lotion

Don´t want to fill my suitcase with Sun products. Where is the best place to buy stuff in Holbox. Would you say that Farmacies are more expensive, or the supermarket.

Minnesota
Level Contributor
40 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Buying Suntan Lotion

There are no supermarkets on Holbox. There are lots of mini-super's (small mini-marts) all over as well as t-shirt/souvenior shops, and I am sure I saw at lease one pharmacy. I did see sunscreen all over, but fortunately had brought my own. I do not recall exact prices but remember it to be much more expensive than I would have guessed - and way more expensive then what we paid at home (at least twice as expensive).

This has been my experience on all of our vacations to Mexico, so sunscreen is always one of our "must bring from home" items.

If you must buy when you arrive, I would ask someone from your hotel for the best place to buy sunscreen. The locals at our hotel were extremely honest and never steered us wrong.

Best of luck!

Antigua
Level Contributor
199 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Buying Suntan Lotion

Thank you very much. Good advice.

3. Re: Buying Suntan Lotion

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 pm, June 22, 2013