We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

holbox transfer

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Hamilton, Canada
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
holbox transfer

going to Holbox Sept. 2. Would like to share the expense of the ride from Cancun to Holbox.. arriving 12:55 pm from Toronto....anybody interested????

Mentioned in this post
Cancun
Cancun
Quintana Roo, Mexico
Toronto
Toronto
Ontario, Canada
Minnesota
Level Contributor
40 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: holbox transfer

Curious what the going rate is for a private transfer for 4 adults between airport and Hobox? Should we expect to pay a flat rate for the van, or is it a per person charge? Am I correct too that some of the companies appear to include the price of the ferry?

Also would be curious to here recommendedations for companies you have used in the past or ones that I should avoid. (We have used two different companies for a private van shuttle between Cancun airport and the ferry for Isla Mujeres with very different experiences - one excellent and one horrible.)

Thanks in advance!

Mentioned in this post
Cancun
Cancun
Quintana Roo, Mexico
Isla Mujeres
Isla Mujeres
Quintana Roo, Mexico
Hamilton, Canada
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: holbox transfer

I have never been to Holbox before. I was quoted two prices from different companies for return to Cancun including transfer from the airport, fees for the ferry and transportation to and from the hotel. Prices ranged between 250.00 and 360.00 for myself. You can call the companies(phone #'s on their sites, or email for a quote) and they will price it for you. Sorry I have no first hand experience. thanks

Mentioned in this post
Cancun
Cancun
Quintana Roo, Mexico
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Tulum
Level Contributor
6,907 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: holbox transfer

We were quoted $70 per person one way by our hotel (Tortugas), but that's based on two people in early December, so they'll get $140 each way, or $280 round trip for two. Plus tip, but I think that includes the ferry and a golf cart transfer from the ferry.

4. Re: holbox transfer

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:18 pm, October 15, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Holbox Island