We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I'm a newby - couple of questions

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
1,304 posts
62 reviews
Save Topic
I'm a newby - couple of questions

Need to know, honestly, when's the best time of year for the Whaleshark and Manta tours?

Must be able to see both on the same trip.

As well, which hotel would you recommend for 2 adults and a 10 year old? We're hoping there's something all inclusive. Somewhere quiet would be best :)

If not all inclusive what are we looking at spending for 3 meals / day for 3 people?

Thanks in advance !

IHX
Atenas, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
1,303 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: I'm a newby - couple of questions

The best whale shark time is July and August. I think that Paraiso del Mar may offer an all-inclusive option, but I'm not sure about that.

Here's a guess on how much a low-end daily budget might run. This is per person:

25 pesos - breakfast

60 pesos – lunch (i.e. at Pollo Mago on the square)

100 pesos - afternoon cocktails

200 pesos - dinner

100 pesos – wine with dinner

100 pesos - miscellaneous

Total - 585 pesos

We have always paid cash for our boat tours, including the whale shark tours (about 800 pesos/person), and as far as I know that is still de rigeur. The prices of the other tours are dependent on which tour you take and how many others are going with you. Plus you will need to tip your guide/captain after the tour(s).

Be sure to check out milikis' post on supporting local buisness for dining ideas and the best whale shark tour operator.

2. Re: I'm a newby - couple of questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, October 13, 2009