We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transportation...Plan B ?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Topic
Transportation...Plan B ?

Hi, I've been attempting to contact Willi at VIPHolbox.com since last friday, as has my wife from her work computer, and havent heard a peep. I've read numerous posts on this forum about his speedy responses but not this time. What are some other companies providing the Cancun Airport / Holbox transport ? Also, on his website http://www.vipholbox.com/ the shuttle links seem to be down (all the links actually)

Thanks...

Holbox Adventure
Sightseeing Tours, Scuba & Snorkeling
VIP Holbox Experience
Nature & Wildlife Areas, Dolphin & Whale Watching, Kayaking & Canoeing, Fishing Charters & Tours
IHX
Atenas, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
1,303 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Transportation...Plan B ?

Willi's website is non-functional, but his email - willi@vipholbox.com - should work. Keep in mind that internet and phones don't always work on the island like we are used to. Don't give up!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Transportation...Plan B ?

Thanks. I'll keep trying. No responses yet..

IHX
Atenas, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
1,303 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Transportation...Plan B ?

It is also possible to call Willi. He speaks English. 011-52-984-875-2107

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Transportation...Plan B ?

OK, it's been 10 days and not a peep from Willi. We ended up booking through Cancun Transfers who responded immediately with quotes and then confirmation numbers.. Maybe Willi took a vacation of his own ?

IHX
Atenas, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
1,303 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Transportation...Plan B ?

Could be :) I'll be on the island next week. If I see him, I'll ask what's going on.

Charleston, SC
Level Contributor
219 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Transportation...Plan B ?

Baldwing-

Can I ask how much you are being charged and for how many people? I communicated with Willi some time ago and he gave me a quote of $240 round trip for 2 people. We are not going until Feb and I hope I can get in touch with him before then!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Transportation...Plan B ?

Sorry for the delay. It was $260 R/T for two of us..

cancuntransfers.com/php/chiquilatransfers.php

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
48 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Transportation...Plan B ?

I have been corresponding with Willi for the past few days with only about a 24 hour delay. We booked with him on our trip last year and all was great. This year it is $260 r/t and we are paying an extra $10 to stop at a large grocery in Cancun to pick up a few things.

IHX
Atenas, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
1,303 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Transportation...Plan B ?

My husband talked to Willy last week, and he was on vacation off-island. Everyone needs a vacation now and then :)

10. Re: Transportation...Plan B ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:20 am, October 12, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Holbox Island