We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

room for 4 on beach no boats

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Holbox Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
new york city
Level Contributor
56 posts
1 review
Save Topic
room for 4 on beach no boats

hi,

we're a family of 4 planning one week vacation xmas 2008 we would like a room that could accomodate all 4 to save money. we would like superclean hotel beachfront, quiet, charming no boats out front, no golfcarts in front. moderate pricing, not too far from town, but not in town. pool not important, a/c not important. any recomendation, is there a map that states where all the hotels are and where the boats are and road with golf carts so we could avoid? thanks everyone

Denver, Colorado
2 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: room for 4 on beach no boats

Hello there,

My daughter and I just got back from Holbox and loved every minute of it. We stayed at the Mawimbi, lovely hotel. The hotel next door was also very nice, Casa Las Tortugas. No golf carts in front either, but to be honest with you, that really doesn't matter. The island is beautiful, people just as beautiful. Both the hotels I mentioned are a few blocks from town which made it extremely nice for walking into town for dinners, etc. I will be back and soon, one of the best vacations I ever had and i've been to alot of places. Enjoy and write back if you have any other questions. Check this website out, it shows a map where all the hotels are. http://www.holboxisland.com/

Leslie P.S. Say hi to Jeff, the bartender at Tortugas, he is awesome.

Eugene, OR.
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: room for 4 on beach no boats

We stayed at Villas Paraiso, and you can get a jr. suite with 2 beds......and it's on the best part of the beach, in my opinion.

Not sure what "moderate" means,but it is a great location and the beach out front was nicer than Tortugas or Mawimbi.....no boats, few people. Maybe a 10 minute easy stroll to town.Very clean, great breakfast included. Little fridge in room. The "road"

along the beach is a non-issue. For what you're asking, basically perfection, this place has it, plus a/c and a tiny pool. Check it out.

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
289 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: room for 4 on beach no boats

Check Holbox Dream. They have rooms with two beds but you will have to check with Virginie to verify the size. We stayed in August with our two sons in a room with 1 bed as we brought some single air mattresses for our two sons. It has everything you wanted plus a small dipping pool and A/C.

4. Re: room for 4 on beach no boats

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:25 pm, October 08, 2009