We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Holbox with 3 small children

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Level Contributor
409 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Holbox with 3 small children

I am looking at traveling to Holbox this November as a family of 5. The children will be 6, 4, and 18 months at the time of travel.

Is this crazy?

I was looking at Flamingo Villas, not sure they can accommodate 5 though. I can bring a portable baby bed if the hotel will allow and the room is large enough.

Is Flamingo too far from town to have to walk with small children?

Is there different accommodations that would be better for a family with small children?

The most important things to me in a hotel are:

*that the hotel is clean and not run down. I like a little bit of luxury

*bottom floor - so much easier with kids

*not too noisy so the baby can take naps during the day

*good proximity to pool & beach.

* fridge would be a bonus but not necessity.

*staff that is kid-friendly

I would also love to hear about other experiences/ideas of doing Holbox with small kids besides accommodations.

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Atenas, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
1,303 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Holbox with 3 small children

Flamingos would be able to accommodate all your needs except for the distance from town. It is simply to long of a walk for that age. A stroller along the beach is not feasible, so you would either have to use taxis back and forth or rent a golf cart. You might look at Paraiso del Mar or Holbox Dreams, although I don't know if the latter has big enough rooms to accommodate your family. I suggest you email Virginie and ask.

With age, your best activities are beach and pool. The water is calm and shallow. There is a nice new playground in the central park in town, so being close to town would definitely be a bonus.

2. Re: Holbox with 3 small children

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:18 pm, October 02, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Holbox Island
Still have questions?
Post your own question so other travelers can help.
Ask a question