We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kayaks and taxis

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
New Jersey, US
6 posts
Save Topic
Kayaks and taxis

We're going to Holbox soon and I had two questions.

1. Our flight doesn't get into Cancun until around 2PM, so we can't take the bus as we had planned. Am I correct in reading the previous posts that taking a bus to the downtown bus station and catching a cab is the next cheapest way to go? How reliable is this, will we definately find someone to take us to Chiquila? (Our Spanish is somewhat limited)

2. Where's the best place to rent a kayak near Holbox? We don't want a guided tour or anything. Just an affordable rental and an interesting place to kayak.

Thanks!

IHX
Atenas, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
1,303 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Kayaks and taxis

You'll be able to get a cab. They are in front of the bus station waiting to take your money :) Just say "How much Chiquila?", and don't take the first price. Chiquila - Chee kee LAH. The accent is on the last syllable.

I don't of anyone on Holbox who rents kayaks, but some hotels have them available for their guests. Maybe someone else will be able toweigh in on this one.

2. Re: Kayaks and taxis

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:20 pm, September 28, 2009