We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What hotel in Holbox

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
California
Level Contributor
47 posts
Save Topic
What hotel in Holbox

Hi,

I am new to the forum and also new at just hearing about Holbox island. I have been to Cancun plenty of times but never hear of this wonderful island. I am planning a trip there for our wedding anniversary but I can't decide on where to book our stay. I want a nice hotel by the beach where I can see the sunrise or sunset from the room, walking distance to the town, quite area, not golf carts, a pool, nice beach and of course good breakfast at the hotel. Am I asking for too much? Please help! I need to book ASAP.

seattle
Level Contributor
26 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: What hotel in Holbox

We stayed in #4 which was it's own little cabana next to the restaurant (which wasnt a problem since it is quiet). It had a great view of the water. We didnt need a/c, but we had the fan running all day and night.

The composting toilets wasnt an issue at all (as long as you dont look down). There wasnt any foul smell or anything.

IHX
Atenas, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
1,303 posts
1 review
Save Reply
12. Re: What hotel in Holbox

The composting toilets are vented, and the housekeeping staff takes care of the actual composting process.

These toilets are required by the Mexican version of the EPA. There's just not enough land on that end of the island to put in a septic system large enough for a hotel. Delfines also has the composting toilets.

Texas
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: What hotel in Holbox

I loved Villa Flamingos, the food was excellent. As far as compost toilets, it really kind of cool and seems to work well,

14. Re: What hotel in Holbox

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:19 am, September 26, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Holbox Island