We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A new hotel in Holbox- Dreams

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
McLean Virginia
5 posts
1 review
Save Topic
A new hotel in Holbox- Dreams

We are going to Holbox in January and were told about a n ew hotel that just opened(or is opening- Dreams. If anyone knows any more about the place, its location...any info would be appreciated. Also, I read about a hotel called Esmeralda- anybody know about that place?

Mentioned in this post
Holbox Island
Holbox Island
Quintana Roo, Mexico
Dublin
Level Contributor
3 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: A new hotel in Holbox- Dreams

We stayed in Xaloc Resort and it was gorgeous especially the beach front bungalows (breakfast is good here). We also stayed in Hotel Villa Delphines which was almost as nice with the most obliging staff and good breakfast also. Don't miss their BBQ night whether you stay here or not. Other friends have stayed in Delphines and loved it. Both are on the beach a short walk from the town square, Xaloc being nearer (of course there are plenty of golf cart taxis around). The boats we took from Chiquila to the island dropped us on the beach right in front of these hotels. Mawimbi is popular but a bit more hostel like we thought. Casa Sandra looks lovely (nice place for a special meal) but too pricey we thought for what you get. Book them directly or through www.holboxisland.com

Mentioned in this post
Xaloc Resort
Xaloc Resort
623 Reviews
Holbox Island, Mexico
NY
Level Contributor
23 posts
1 review
Save Reply
12. Re: A new hotel in Holbox- Dreams

I called DREAM HOTEL!!

The owner said the hotel are on the beach, at 2 min walking from the main place, between los mapaches(n4) and la palapa(n3)

Take a look here:

holboxisland.com/artwork/…map_holbox2.jpg

Location is not bad :o)

IHX
Atenas, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
1,303 posts
1 review
Save Reply
13. Re: A new hotel in Holbox- Dreams

I toured Holbox Dreams a few days ago. It is about 1 block west of Hotel La Palapa. It is a nice hotel. The rooms are small but very tastefully decorated. All the beds are full(matrimonial) beds - no queens or kings. The owners are French as is the manager and she was very nice and accommodating.

Mentioned in this post
Holbox Island
Holbox Island
Quintana Roo, Mexico
Portland, Oregon
5 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: A new hotel in Holbox- Dreams

I wouldn't really worry about how far from town it is, we spent 10 nights @ Paraíso del mar (one of the furthest from "town") and we walked to & from the center many, many times. There is a huge difference between the cost of taking the bus & some airport transfers... The $130 round trip we paid through our hotel seems to be a decent rate, it includes taxi-van, ferry, and golf-cart taxi to your room. Your spanish abilities may help however we met up with other fluent speakers who thought they got a deal from an independent cab driver $150 one way from Cancun. We found it quite relaxing to literally walk out of the airport and have our transportation right up to our hotel lobby already taken care of.

As of early September this hotel didn't exist nor did we see any new construction. It would be incredibly helpful if you would leave a rating for this hotel after your trip!

Mentioned in this post
Cancun
Cancun
Quintana Roo, Mexico
IHX
Atenas, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
1,303 posts
1 review
Save Reply
15. Re: A new hotel in Holbox- Dreams

Hmmm. Interesting. There are at least 4 hotels farther from town than Paraiso del Mar. It's actually quite close to town.

Holbox Dreams truly is mostly finished. A few of the back rooms are still getting some finishing touches. Therefore it must have been under construction in Septmeber.

For a cheaper taxi ride, take the public bus from the aiport to downtown Cancun(35 pesos). The taxi from there to Chiquila shouldn't be anymore than 700-900 pesos.

Mentioned in this post
Holbox Island
Holbox Island
Quintana Roo, Mexico
Cancun
Cancun
Quintana Roo, Mexico
Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
12 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: A new hotel in Holbox- Dreams

hello, i just spent 3 nights at holboxdream hotel, and honestly it has been perfect. it s located at 3 min walking from "center". on the beach, this part there are no golfcars going as in the other part called hotels zone. the room had a lot of space, with shower, fan and A/C. the manager as you talk about her is very nice, dynamic and speak perfect english and spanish. there is a swimming pool. and i dont have a lot to add. just go and enjoy. it s a very pleasant place, dont worry!! and price is correct compare to others. you will like it for sure! about transfer i took the it from cancun airport to the door of the hotel and it cost like 150 usd. but i just jump into the taxi and wait. didnt have to search bus or whatever? and i ve heard there are only two bus daily, so!! enjoy your trip and dont forget your repelent!!

NY
Level Contributor
23 posts
1 review
Save Reply
17. Re: A new hotel in Holbox- Dreams

haha!! I just came back from Holbox island!!

No need worry about which hotels yuo are going to stay!! I think all of them are good. ( their people are SUPER friendly. Thus, you will be very satisfied overall)

we stayed at Dream hotel, coz its NEW!! ( I was choosing Dream or Mawimbi before We booked) .

Tell the turth, I didnt regret I made this deciosn to stay in Dream hotel; Very quite place and simpe hotel; ( not many goftcar drving by). However, I went to see Mawimbi also. Mawimbi is good also. But it is located the other side of "center". I am asuming that it will be less quite than Dream.?! One thing I like Mawimbi a lot is many many plants around which you can not find in Dream).

Have a nice trip ~~

Mentioned in this post
Holbox Island
Holbox Island
Quintana Roo, Mexico
Holbox Hotel Mawimbi
Holbox Hotel Mawimbi
715 Reviews
Holbox Island, Mexico
Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
12 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: A new hotel in Holbox- Dreams

there are no huge plants cause they just open, let them time to grow!!

19. Re: A new hotel in Holbox- Dreams

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:15 pm, September 14, 2009