We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to buy beer

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
26 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Where to buy beer

Staying at the Crane in Aug. Besides the onsite bars, where can you buy beer? How much is it? Can you buy, by the case? And what kind do they have?

15 replies to this topic
Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
8,007 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to buy beer

Yes, any grocery store sells it by whatever, single to a case. Banks is the local beer and you can't go wrong. Choice is very limited, Banks and Carib.

Atlanta
Level Contributor
1,105 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to buy beer

Not quite true - 10 Saints out of Speightstown is coming on strong. Most of our group of six liked it quite much last trip, tho I remain loyal to Banks. The Crane has a "village center" that sells various comestibles. The grocery store in Six Roads - Emerald City - is the best in the area.

Palm Beach Condos...
Level Contributor
10,018 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to buy beer

Heineken available at Supercentre - don't know about 6 roads

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
3,586 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to buy beer

You can buy Banks (the local beer) at the on site grocery store at the Crane. Buy it in packs of 6 and you will get it cheaper than the individual bottle price. Around $25bds? Emerald City supermarket is very reasonable and from memory you will get 6 bottles for approx $14bds inc a deposit on the bottles. I leave the bottles for the maids who get the deposit money back.

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
8,007 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to buy beer

Just go to www.supercentre.com and put beer in the search box but variety is limited. However the local beer is great.

Barbados
Level Contributor
1,120 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to buy beer

Friends of mine have been enjoying both Stag and Deputy beers recently - they've been drinking them instead of Carib. I assume they are available everywhere too.

Edited: 12:49 pm, February 05, 2014
Atlantic Shores...
Level Contributor
2,111 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to buy beer

Stag = brewed by Carib

Deputy = brewed by Banks

Should be available wherever the parent brands are sold.

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
16,515 posts
302 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Where to buy beer

Carol856

The variety of beer in Barbados is not limited. You can buy the following beers:

Banks, 10 Saints, Deputy, Hairoun, Heineken, Budweiser, Corona, Red Stripe, Carib, Piton, Stag etc.

I would suggest getting them from Emerald City Supermarket as they would be much cheaper than at the Crane.

Regards

Palm Beach Condos...
Level Contributor
10,018 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Where to buy beer

BGI - where does one buy Budweiser? -there have been questions about US beer's availability on TA before - have never seen a US beer mentioned here.

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
16,515 posts
302 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Where to buy beer

anothersadowner

Budweiser is distributed by R L Seale at Foursquare St. Philip and is sold at supermarkets islandwide including Super Centre.

Regards

Reply to: Where to buy beer
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Saint Philip Parish