We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Markets near to Platja D'Aro

Blackburn, United...
Level Contributor
234 posts
55 reviews
Save Topic
Markets near to Platja D'Aro

Hi,

Im looking for a weekly food market and also one where is clothes and leather goods near to Platja D'Aro.

Am I right in thinking that the Sunday Market in Pallafrugell and San Feliux will be the best places to go near to us?

Is the market in Girona worth a visit if we are visiting?

What local fruit can we expect in mid-june and most importantly do they sell courgette (zucchini) flowers lol ?

Thanks in advance for any responses

Palafrugell, Spain
Level Contributor
1,108 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Markets near to Platja D'Aro

There are markets in most towns. Platja d'Aro on Friday, Palamos on Tuesday. Palafrugell on Sunday morning.

The market in Girona on Tuesdays according to the list, but we've seen it on Saturday in the park La Devesa is probably the biggest around. Lots of local produce - apples, peaches, oranges, lemons. Courgettes definitely, but I don't know about courgette flowers.

http://www.agendadegirona.cat/mercats.php

Girona, Spain
Level Contributor
748 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Markets near to Platja D'Aro

Occasionally some of the better supermarkets sell courgette flowers, but it's rare. I've seen them in La Boqueria in Barcelona also.

Blackburn, United...
Level Contributor
234 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Markets near to Platja D'Aro

Thanks for the responses.

I guess Strawberries and Cherries will still be in season in mid-late June?

Palafrugell, Spain
Level Contributor
1,108 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Markets near to Platja D'Aro

It's a bit late for strawberries - in Spain they're in season much earlier than the UK - we're towards the end of the season about now. Cherries should be OK.

5. Re: Markets near to Platja D'Aro

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, May 14, 2015