We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Resort and accomadation advice

North Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
297 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Resort and accomadation advice

Hi all

Just been browsing the internet and noticed some good flight deals to either Girona or Barcelona for early Sept

The last time i was in the area was a lads holiday to Salou in 1982 and would appreciate advice as to which resorts would be suitable for us.

My wife and i both in our mid 40s we enjoy chilling and soaking up some rays during the day and having a nice meal (a visit to a few bars for several beers on an evening , nothing too in your face , defiantly not 18-30 but with enough going onto keep us occupied for a week.

Somewhere with a Spanish feel wold be good and a few tapas bars would be a plus.

Accommodation wise, we are not looking for 5 star luxury all we require is SC or B & B ,clean and friendly with a pool and bar, air con would be a bonus , withing strolling distance to bars and restaurants.

Thanks in advance

Jim

Malgrat de Mar...
Destination Expert
for Lloret de Mar, Calella
Level Contributor
2,291 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Resort and accomadation advice

i'd start by looking at tossa but think that might be a bit too quiet for you at night.

calella or malgrat may be a better option for you.

Girona, Spain
Level Contributor
748 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Resort and accomadation advice

Look at Begur, Llafranc and Calella de Palafrugell if you want pretty low key but plenty of places still open at night.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
33 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Resort and accomadation advice

Hi Jim,

Where you able to find a good 4-5 star hotel in Costa Brava? I am looking for the same. We want a pool, spa/fitness center, near an area where we can go for dinner & drinks in the evening. Your help is appreciated, thanks!

Sari

4. Re: Resort and accomadation advice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, May 22, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Costa Brava
Recent Conversations