We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

trains & ferries

Connecticut
Level Contributor
14 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
trains & ferries

we will be in costa brava in july and would like to use the train services to get to barcelona etc. and to use the ferries maybe someone can tell me or send me a link with info about this subject.

is it a good idea to trave with the train are they reliable?

thanks in advance

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
3,554 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: trains & ferries

hi,

trains are so far OK, but ...

C.B. starts where railway line ends on the coast (or vice versa :)

- turns from Maresme in Blanes to 'interior'/main land.

THere are sarfa buses or see

www.barcelonaNord.com to the capital

A.

MERSEYSIDE
Level Contributor
4,030 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: trains & ferries

where exactly will you be in the costa brava? many of the costa maresme resorts are billed as costa brava in the uk brochures, i'd been loads of times before i realised that it wasn't actually the costa brava! depending on your resort you may well be able to get the train to barcelona

Wellington, New...
Level Contributor
368 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: trains & ferries

Sorry to hijack your post justme55 but we will be there in July as well staying in Pals and wondered what the last train stop nearest to Pals would be - would it be Blanes?

Connecticut
Level Contributor
14 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: trains & ferries

will be staying at caprici verd hotel anyone got info about the hotel???

Girona
Level Contributor
97 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: trains & ferries

Hi,

If I'm not wrong with the hotel you said, this is not in Costa Brava, it's in Santa Susanna (Maresme coast), so there is no problem to travel by train from Barcelona to there.

you should have a look to the next link and just choose your origin and destination.

renfe.es/cercanias/…index_horarios.html

Then if you want to go to Costa Brava or Girona you can take the train from Santa Susanna to Maçanet-Massanes, and then change and take another train from Maçanet-Massanes to Girona.

horarios.renfe.es/hir/index.jsp…

If you want to stay some days in Girona, then you just need to take a bus to visit some beautiful towns from Costa Brava, like Tossa de Mar, Cadaqués or Palamós. In the next link you just need to choose your favorite destination from Girona.

http://tinyurl.com/6qpezj

Enjoy

Girona
Level Contributor
97 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: trains & ferries

Hi patz.

You have different options to go to Pals from Barcelona:

You can take a train from Barcelona to Girona or Flaça (line Barcelona-Portbou). check the timetables at

horarios.renfe.es/hir/index.jsp…

There you should take a bus. Check before the bus shedules because ther's only one bus per day (at 18h from Girona or 18.30 from Flaça)

http://tinyurl.com/3rz8um

You can also take a bus from Barcelona to Pals. To the next link you have information about buses.

sarfa.es/paginas/interurbano_trayectos.php

Just choose the best option for you.

Enjoy

Wellington, New...
Level Contributor
368 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: trains & ferries

Awesome thanks so much Girona Menamora I'll take it from here.

Regards,

Patz

8. Re: trains & ferries

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:20 pm, October 02, 2009