We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Itinerary advice

Which Poiana Brasov hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Australia
Level Contributor
229 posts
261 reviews
Save Topic
Itinerary advice

I would be grateful for any advice about an itinerary for 8 days in Romania during August. I realize that this is insufficient time but it is all I have. We would like to visit places of natural beauty and the delta area. If there is one area where we could base ourselves for a few days this would be even better before traveling to the delta We like mountain scenery and high passes. Would Polana Brasov be a good place or would somewhere else be better?

Maramures
Level Contributor
608 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Itinerary advice

Well you could take the over night train from Bucharest to Sighet Marmatiei and spend some time in Maramures. Then you could take the train back as far as Galati which is on the edge of the Delta but its a very long train Journey and staying around Sinaia or Brasov might be a better option with your time restriction.

Australia
Level Contributor
229 posts
261 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Itinerary advice

Thanks for your advice. I appreciate your help. We have rescheduled our holiday to have a bit more time. I am trying to read as much as possible to get the most from our 12 days in Romania. My current plan is to spend a few days in a rental property near Bran and do some side trips but that is as far as I have got so far. We plan to rent a car but I do not know if it would be better to catch a train to Bran from Bucharest and then rent or to rent in Bucharest and drive. How long do you think it would take to drive from Bran to the Delta area?

Israel
Destination Expert
for Romania
Level Contributor
2,105 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Itinerary advice

Hi

there is no train to bran but! it is not problem at all , you can take one of many trains that make the route Bucharest - Brasov :

mersultrenurilor.ro/Ruta/…Brasov

and then take a bus from brasov to bran :

autogari.ro/Transport/…

by the way there is more buss to bran as it;s show on the net.

drive from Bran to the Delta area are long , as i see on the viamichelin it take 6.5 hours and i guess with no stop. so if you can do stay at the way from bucharest to brasov like busteni , predeal , azuga then in bran because they on the main road of train and buss ( - : so you can do easely the way to the delta via bucharest.

constanta
Level Contributor
318 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Itinerary advice

Hi,

I suggest you stay in Constanta/Mamaia (I can help with accomodation, tips on restaurants, clubs) and take a day trip to the Danube Delta, the mosquitos can be a problem there. There is a highway from Bucharest to a town close to Constanta, so it won't take that long. Rent a car in Bucharest, go to Bran and then back to Bucharest-Constanta. Anyway, enjoy your stay.

Maramures
Level Contributor
608 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Itinerary advice

Mamaia is fine if you want ocer priced Romanian accomodation but somwhere like Sfanta Georghie on the coast near the delta will be a lot quieter.

constanta
Level Contributor
318 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Itinerary advice

You can find cheap accomodation in Constanta and take the bus to Mamaia. There is a lot going on in the city and adjacent resort of Mamaia than being eaten alive in some village reachable only by boat, but anyone is entitled to an opinion.

Bucharest, Romania
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Itinerary advice

Hello! I live in south-west Romania and here I could suggest you some beautiful locations were I could take you from Bucharest: mountain views, caves, thermal baths, etc. We are a small tour company and if you are interested we could send you some photos. Our email address is: ttroughromania@yahoo.com

8. Re: Itinerary advice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:15 am, March 20, 2016
Get answers to your questions about Poiana Brasov