We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Skiing in Poiana

Dublin, Ireland
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Skiing in Poiana

I've heard that this is a great value alternative to mainstream european ski resorts. Are there any well-seasoned ski enthusiasts out there who can compare this destination with previous experience?

Poiana Brasov
Ski & Snowboard Areas
R&J Ski School
Sports Camps & Clinics, Gear Rentals
Mares Outdoor Events
Kayaking & Canoeing, Hiking & Camping Tours, Canyoning & Rappelling Tours, River Rafting & Tubing, Ski & Snow Tours
Level Contributor
52 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Skiing in Poiana

We went to Poiana Brasov last year, I have skied for years but decided to go there as it is very cheap and my OH and daughter were beginners. The snow conditions were not good when we went in January and only about 4 runs were open, but we had a good time anyway. There are a few challenging runs if they are all open (which at this time they are not as the snow is still not very good) so if you do decide to go there you need to be prepared for much less skiing than you would get in the mainstream European resorts. But that said, the instruction is better than I have seen anywhere (I decided to go in lessons and had a whale of a time), the instructors do their best to help you have a good time, invite you out in the evenings (and they are really not on the make), and the all inclusive bar offered by Neilson is a great place to meet in the evenings and chill.

We're going back at the end of Jan and are hoping that the snow will start to fall before we go so that we can take advantage of the challenging runs, but if not we'll still have a good time pottering about on the easy slopes.

2. Re: Skiing in Poiana

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, June 28, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Poiana Brasov
Still have questions?
Post your own question so other travelers can help.
Ask a question