We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

voss in october ...and somewhere else??

In cooperation with: Visit Norway
Wonthaggi, Australia
Level Contributor
59 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
voss in october ...and somewhere else??

Hello again. Please could you help me again. we will fly in to bergen and stay two nights..then should we stay in Voss at all or stay somewhere scenic like Balestrand or Flam or somewhere else for 4 more nights. we fly to stockholm from bergen after our 6 nights in Norway.. Any ideas on in itinerary for us.. say do Norway in a Nutshell round trip from Flam and stay 2 nights then Blestrand for 2 nights??? We do want to stay somewhere with a great view so if the weather is not so good for travelling around we can enjoy the views!

Please recommend hotels and accomodations.. i have looked the ones on this excellent site!

Thank you so much.. we want to make the best use of our short time in Norway.

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
7,332 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: voss in october ...and somewhere else??

I was going to recommend Vangsgaarden in Aurland and Walaker in Solvorn, but when checking I found they were both closed for the season in October.

In Flåm, Flåmsbryggja Hotel gets good reviews. For the remaining two nights, I think Kviknes Hotel in Balestrand is the best option. Their web site says "open on request" in October. Check the Tripadvisor reviews if you haven't already.

Stavanger, Norway
Destination Expert
for Western Norway, Stavanger
Level Contributor
6,797 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: voss in october ...and somewhere else??

Voss is summer resort village, so it will be very quiet in October. Cafés/restaurants that cater for the tourists will be closed. Balestrand Hotel, which is a budget hotel that gets good reviews will be closed. So keep that in mind.

Flåms is also a very quiet village outside the tourist season, but with a rental car you are able to drive to the sights in the area.

3. Re: voss in october ...and somewhere else??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 pm, July 27, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Voss Municipality