We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where is the Europcar courtesy point in Modica?

Which Modica hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Hull, England...
Level Contributor
20 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Where is the Europcar courtesy point in Modica?

We've hired a car for a few days, but the Europcar station in Modica is not permanently manned and I'm struggling to find it on a map

The address is:

Provinciale Cava Gucciardo

Contrada Quartarella 10-B

Modica Rg

Do anyone give me advice please?

modica
Level Contributor
1,734 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where is the Europcar courtesy point in Modica?

You need to take the road from Modica Sorda to Marina di Modica the SP 43. The address you give is the SP 74 which is after the Peugot garage about 2km out of town and is signposted Scicli. HOwever, Cav Gucciardo 10B is Di Martino which is a Renault garage, a reseller and a body shop - so you should be looking for Di Martino not Europcar

https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?gl=uk&daddr=Via+Cava+Gucciardo,+10,+Modica,+Province+of+Ragusa,+Italy&panel=1&f=d&fb=1&dirflg=d&geocode=0,36.820686,14.773688&cid=0,0,2827742931926618878&hq=di+martino+modica.

HOwever, I would highly recommend you call and check - the last time I hired a van when I went to pick it up they told me they no longer did it and I had to go to Ragusa to pick it up. It may be different for cars.

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
95,603 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Where is the Europcar courtesy point in Modica?

I did check with Europcar prior to posting and they still deliver in Modica, so contact Europcar in Ragusa directly for your booking and arrange your point.

Vagabonda

Hull, England...
Level Contributor
20 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where is the Europcar courtesy point in Modica?

Hi vagabonda, I'd already made the booking online . The europcar site is quite misleading as it shows a map of Modica with a star in the centre, but the address on the side was the one shown. The kindest way to put it is that I think they have used a general map of Modica and put a star in the centre!! I was looking for an address with Via or Piazza or similar in it, which is why I was confused

As ever , you've been incredibly helpful

Cahors
Level Contributor
1 post
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where is the Europcar courtesy point in Modica?

The words Europcar and courtesy should not appear on the same sentence. Their internet confirmation of booking shows the collection point as being downtown when it is in fact in the Quartarella area of Modica new town just off the road to Marina di Modica. This company use Di Martino as their collection/delivery point, which is a 15 minute drive from the tourist area of Modica Basso, and do not offer a hotel delivery service. If you must tent a car do so at the airport in Catania.

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
95,603 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Where is the Europcar courtesy point in Modica?

The Europcar website indicates the location.

www.europcar.it/noleggio-auto-MODICA.html

You could always collect the car in nearby Ragusa.

Vagabonda

modica
Level Contributor
1,734 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where is the Europcar courtesy point in Modica?

The map on their site shows the centre of modica, that is all. As with most internet mapping systems it is wholly inaccurate as it takes the post code as the address. However, the address is correct.

Edited: 1:34 am, October 26, 2013
Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
95,603 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Where is the Europcar courtesy point in Modica?

Yes, the map is inaccurate, but the address is correct.

Vagabonda

8. Re: Where is the Europcar courtesy point in Modica?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, October 28, 2014