We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Malia..in May

Kingston-upon-Hull...
3 posts
Malia..in May

Hi

Me and my boyfriend are staying at Phaedra Beach Hotel in May. I didn't realise till after I had booked it that it will probably be quiet.

Has anyone else been in May? or stayed at that hotel?

Also, any tips would be great!

Thank you :-)

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
540 posts
46 reviews
1. Re: Malia..in May

We go out to visit our daughter on the first flight out and it is very quiet - most bars are still getting ready. But there are some open and few restaurants. The Greek tavernas are all open in the old town.

Cant let you know about night clubs - too old I'm afraid!!

tunisiamad

Kingston-upon-Hull...
3 posts
2. Re: Malia..in May

Thank you for your comment.

I go 1st May - for 2 weeks. As long as some places are open I don't think I will mind it being quiet.

I would like to know if there will be water sports/ boat trips on at the time, that would be good to know.

Thanks

London
Level Contributor
9 posts
5 reviews
3. Re: Malia..in May

Ive been in Malia last year it wasnt quiet,there were a lot of tourists,weather was very good-you will need a lot of tan lotions.

7 posts
4. Re: Malia..in May

I'm going on May 8th till the 15th will it be lively when ? we're having a lads holiday so really want it to be packed out ?

Edited: 5:34 am, March 09, 2012
7 posts
5. Re: Malia..in May

I'm going on May 8th till the 15th will it be lively when ? we're having a lads holiday so really want it to be packed out at night in clubs like, bit of info would be brill thanks

London, United...
Level Contributor
21,092 posts
10 reviews
6. Re: Malia..in May

Barnaby, you've asked this question a dozen times, and so have others, and the answer is, as others have said, that Malia won't be packed out in May. If you want to visit when it's packed, go in July or August.

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
540 posts
46 reviews
7. Re: Malia..in May

No it isn't packed in May - like others have said - the first couple weeks there are bars open and you can get bikes etc.

But all the bars and clubs won't be open.

London, United...
Level Contributor
31 posts
1 review
8. Re: Malia..in May

Me and 2 ladies are looking at coming out on the 9th for 4 nights we are looking at the Socrates apartments as we didn't want it too noisy but by the sounds of things we could stay closer to the strip and beach at this time of year ?

We want some nightlife but not the 18 to 30 crowd. Looking forward this now hearing that it's quieter.

Does anyone have recommendations for a hotel/apartment closer to the action clean and spacious enough for 3 girls. With a nice pool

London
Level Contributor
9 posts
5 reviews
9. Re: Malia..in May

Hi Iv been in May two years ago,it was lovely,best holy ever best food in old town,weather boiling...

10. Re: Malia..in May

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:16 am, June 20, 2013