We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day trip to channel islands?

Which Barneville-Carteret hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
UK
Level Contributor
115 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Day trip to channel islands?

I am in Barneville Carteret in July and was thinking of doing a day trip to either Jersey or Guernsey. Looking at ferries website it looks like it's around 50 Euro for foot passenger or 100 Euro if i wish to take my motorcycle. This seems a bit excessive for a day trip. Could i get a better deal if i turned up at the dock on the day? Any info gratefully received. Many thanks.

3 replies to this topic
Essex
Level Contributor
26,991 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day trip to channel islands?

Doubt it, but I have never tried!! Does sound like a lot to me also, for a M-bike and rider!!

Either buy a ticket now, or chance-it on the day - if you don't like the price now, what have you got to loose?? Can always go for a ride to Cancale or Barfleur instead!!

Kent, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day trip to channel islands?

Hi

This is an old post, but is thought I'd add some updated info. We (2 adults, 1 9 year old) went to Jersey from Carteret last week (July) and it cost 104 euros return for all of us.

Kent, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Day trip to channel islands?

Hi

This is an old post, but is thought I'd add some updated info. We (2 adults, 1 9 year old) went to Jersey from Carteret last week (July) and it cost 104 euros return for all of us.

Reply to: Day trip to channel islands?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Barneville-Carteret